Turnaround time between tours

dinoman

Dear all experienced Alaska cruisers, I'm going to Alaska on HAL in May 2010 and in the process of researching on excursion informations.

In Juneau I found 2 tours which I am very interested in: the whalewatching with Orca Enterprise and Alaska Salmon Bake with HAL. According to their website, the Orca whalewatching starts at 3pm and ends at approx. 6:30pm, and the salmon bake starts at 7pm. I just wonder if I book both back to back would I be back to the ship on time so that I would not be late for the 2nd tour.

If you are referring to the Gold Creek Salmon bake, just book this through Orca, or when you get there , from the dock booths. They run a continous loop shuttle bus, and it is NO fixed time. Superior, in my opinion is the salmon at Thane Ore house, or Twisted Fish. The salmon bakes are certainly good, and they do a great job, I just find the end product a notch down from a smaller operation.

Thanks Budget Queen. I just received a reply from Capt. Larry of Orca and they have a whale watching and salmon bake combo available, which I think might well fit my schedule. I've asked him to send more information on that.

Archived