Age of cruisers on Caribbean cruises on Celebrity during winter months

GeorgeL

I am trying to figure out if most passengers on the wintertime cruises on Constellation (or other Celebrity ships), even Caribbean cruises, are overwhelmingly older (55+). Have you been on one (or booked one in the future)?

On our mid Sept Med cruise, the mean was about 55. There were MANY people from their 20's up and some over 65. Actually was one of the best mixed group we have ever done on X. Very lively and friendly.

Remember the longer cruises (10+ nights) skew older. During the school year, cruises skew older...on ANY cruiseline.

What is your fear? What do you WANT to see?

GeorgeL, Can't figure out do you want to cruise with young folks, you might check out Disney. If you want an older crowd, try HAL. Cruising on freighters is also interesting. :rolleyes:

None of the above. :)

I am simply curious about the demographics during wintertime cruises vs ones in the summer and perhaps demographics on one cruise line vs another. It was not meant as an endorsement or a put down of any particular age group. Since we all move through the various age groups as we age, it would be a silly thing to do, don't you think?

If you really love kids, sail on Christmas, Presidents Day, and Easter. If you would rather skip the kids scene, avoid those weeks. Also avoid the 3rd weeks in February and April ( Northeast school vacations) On one week cruises, the mix is usually younger. On 10+ days, the crowd gets older...older has more time and money. On my first 2 week cruise, I was the youngest by alot....most people were very old and many had canes, wheelchairs, and walkers. It didn't bother me. But if you have problem sailing on the old age nursing home, go for a week cruise.

None of the above. :)

I am simply curious about the demographics during wintertime cruises vs ones in the summer and perhaps demographics on one cruise line vs another. It was not meant as an endorsement or a put down of any particular age group. Since we all move through the various age groups as we age, it would be a silly thing to do, don't you think?

We cruised in Feb with our grandchildren.

Their are a lot of younger families on board during winter breaks and spring breaks. And those breaks vary all over the country.

If your question is, is Celebrity a great line for young singles, my opinion and answer would be no.

Archived