Shareholder Dividend likely to be reinstated 2010

billet

According to Seatrade Insider and I like the $46 forecast too!

UBS: Princess newbuild order may be near

Thursday, 12 November 2009 20:52

In an analysts meeting today on board Carnival Dream in New York, management’s tone ‘marked a definite change around newbuild orders’ with Carnival Corp. & plc now expecting a Princess newbuild order to be completed before year end or shortly after, UBS Investment Research said in a note.

This could make a 2012 delivery possible, said UBS analyst Robin Farley.

Carnival indicated post-2011 capacity will grow by two to three ships a year, though at a rate much lower than at the industry’s average growth rate, Farley said. Total capital expenditure levels for those years is expected in the approximately $2bn to $2.5bn range.

UBS also reiterated, as the brokerage has stated since summer, that Carnival will likely reinstate its dividend by the first quarter of 2010, though likely not at the prior 40-cent per quarter level.

Farley added that Carnival is not seeing the weakness in the Florida source market reported by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. during its Nov. 3 earnings call.

UBS affirmed its ‘buy’ rating on CCL and a target price of $46.

I just bought 100 shares of CCL on 11/2, sent confirmation letter to Princess on 11/4, and the $100 credit was posted to my OBC for our 1/19/2010-10 night cruise on 11/12. Pretty speedy response I'd say !!!! I'll welcome a dividend too of course.

Maybe my thinking is skewed, but I don't really care if CCL pays a quarterly dividend, as long as I can get the Shareholder OBC for each cruise.

The dividend would be a piddly amount on 100 shares, and taxable.

OBC is not taxed.

Maybe my thinking is skewed, but I don't really care if CCL pays a quarterly dividend, as long as I can get the Shareholder OBC for each cruise.

The dividend would be a piddly amount on 100 shares, and taxable.

OBC is not taxed.

It's not taxed if you hold it in an IRA or 401(k)...:rolleyes:

It's not taxed if you hold it in an IRA or 401(k)...:rolleyes:

That's what I did! :D

In a year, it's gone up from the $25.50/per share that I paid, to $32.28 so I've earned $678 (increase of 26.59%). Plus some dividends from end of last year and my OBC for my last cruise. I'm happy! :)

Archived