Difficult decision between Celebrity and Hal!

bickee

To SwissMyst:

I am not cruising past 24 weeks.

Both Celebrity and HAL have the same pregnancy guidelines:

23 weeks or less on day of disembarkation. Letter from physician (midwife okay?) required regardless of weeks of pregnancy.

OP is taking a one week cruise. Someone else can do the math.

Just passing on the policy. That is all. It is also interesting the variation between 23 (low) to the high of 27 weeks as the cut off date. Any science behind this or is it purely a risk management decision?

Both Celebrity and HAL have the same pregnancy guidelines:

23 weeks or less on day of disembarkation. Letter from physician (midwife okay?) required regardless of weeks of pregnancy.

OP is taking a one week cruise. Someone else can do the math.

Just passing on the policy. That is all. It is also interesting the variation between 23 (low) to the high of 27 weeks as the cut off date. Any science behind this or is it purely a risk management decision?

My interpretation of the OP's refferance to her pregnancy was that she KNEW the policies and did not need to be told more about them. She did not either state or imply that she intended to violate the policies in any way. I think that by stating "I am not crusing past 24 weeks" was her way of saying..."I'm staying within the guidelines and it's really none of your business when my baby is due".

The OP is simply looking for advise on which ship / line to choose...Not a lecture on how the guidelines for pregnant passengers might or might not apply to her specific situation.

She very nicely asked several times to stick to the topic of her inquiry. I don't know why so many people feel the need to police the actions of others in their most personal and private situations.

My interpretation of the OP's refferance to her pregnancy was that she KNEW the policies and did not need to be told more about them. She did not either state or imply that she intended to violate the policies in any way. I think that by stating "I am not crusing past 24 weeks" was her way of saying..."I'm staying within the guidelines and it's really none of your business when my baby is due".

The OP is simply looking for advise on which ship / line to choose...Not a lecture on how the guidelines for pregnant passengers might or might not apply to her specific situation.

She very nicely asked several times to stick to the topic of her inquiry. I don't know why so many people feel the need to police the actions of others in their most personal and private situations.

I agree with you completely -- she had her ducks in a row before she asked her first question. Never asked for pregnancy advice -- all of what was given is similar to people telling pregnant women not to drink coffee, or what ever -- whether or not they have a clue.

Archived