Retin-A Pharmacy/Cost Questions

CapeFearCruiser

Hello,

I will be stopping in Cozumel on my cruise in 2 weeks. Travel websites have mentioned American Pharmancy is a good choice. Has anyone ever purchased Retin-A at this Pharmacy, or recommened any others in Cozumel?

Also, any idea of what the cost would be for Retin-A?

How far from the port is American Pharmacy?

Thanks so much for all your help!

Tara

It's off a side street in the middle of town. Ask for exact directions before you get off the ship, if I recall it's easy to find.

I purchased Retin A there a few years ago; the price was about $17. Several other drug stores (pharmacias) were also selling it for the same price. I got the 0.10 strength. There's also 0.05 and 0.025.

Just a fyi, my last cruise wasn't going to Coz, but I found some in Roatan (exactly the same) for only $15. A lot cheaper than $75 or so in the US.:)

It also depends on the strength you want...the .05 is less expensive than the 1%. If u are going to Preogresso it is about 15. there. At the port shops in Cozumel it is 30. I am sure in Cozumel downtown it is less. Just bought some in Sept. and before that in Ja, in Progresso.

Thank you both so much for your help! After spending all that time in the sun I am really going to need the Retin-A:D Never used it before so I am guessing I will start off with the lower strength...

Can you recall where in Roatan you purchased the Retin? We plan on taking a tour of the island and I will have our driver stop there.

Thanks again!!

Tara

Don't recall the name, but it's a drug store a few blocks from the port.

BTW, you are supposed to use sun block if you use Retin A. Also if you have a tan you're supposed to wait a while. I live in Florida and don't use it in the summer cause of the sun.

Thanks for the advice. I live on the ocean and NC so lots of sun here too. I was planning on waiting to use it for the winter. I hear your face peels but I can deal with that. I will look in both locations (Roatan and Cozumel).

Less than 2 weeks to my first cruise. So excited!

Thanks again for all your help:o

Tara

• 1 month later...

Archived