What time does it.....

rockgarden

The answer will depend very much on where you are, although at least all of New Zealand is in one time zone.

A good resource for this is weather.com - go there and go to the city that you're interested in the information for. Then go to the averages and records section for that city, and go to the tables listing the daily averages and records. That has sunrise and sunset times for each day of the year.

Hi, Este

From what I can see, sunset is around 8 to 8:30 in Aus and NZ. I knew it would be earlier than us here in the U.S., but not so early. When we go to England in summer, it stays light until around 10:30 pm - just seems like you have forever to go places and get things done. Lovely.

Anyhow, have started packing. One case is almost done, so I closed it and picked it up. Felt like 100 lbs - but got on the scale, then picked it up and the lbs went up only 45. United allows 70 lbs each case, two p/p, for international, so I guess we are ok. How are you doing?

Rosemary

We were wondering that also, as my husband is planning on a twilight bridge climb in Sydney.
Bridgeclimb has the times of its twilight climbs up on its site - you'll see that it's continually adjusted by date range.

But if that's what you want to do, this may be an exception to my advice about not booking in advance - from the website it looks like the twilight climbs are the first to sell out.

Daylight also varies between cities even though we are on the same EST - daylight. In Sydney it gets lighter half an hour earlier than Melbourne - around 5am in summer and gets darker half an earlier at night - say 8.30pm in January. Here in Melbourne it gets light at 5.30am and last night - a perfect night - it didn't get dark until 9pm. It is because Sydney is further east than Melbourne but we are on the same time zone.

Jennie

We're good! Thinking of picking up some inexpensive rain slickers and maybe some totes for our shoes. We're hoping the rain in NZ will be a thing of the past when we are there. I guess we will take our chances with the twilight bridge tour and see how things are when we get to Sydney. I was surprised last time we flew internationally and saw how relatively light our bags were. I was convinced they would be over 70#. Have fun on your trip and let us all know when you get back. try and post if you can.

Janis (EsteboFarr)

Archived