Sneak Booze ?

gigman

For the Radiance in San Diego, they should collect alcohol but might not. Other cruise lines (like NCL) will charge a corkage fee for wine to be brought on- but won't allow hard liquor.

The Mariner in Los Angeles is a "test port" and is not currently confiscating any alcohol, period. Only exceptions were for the Atlantis charter, and possibly the months of March & April. (Spring Break- they figure they can make lots of $ if they prevent excess alcohol from coming aboard.)

You're kidding? All this effort for a bottle of booze?

:p

I had a friend who was a smoker.

She took her last cigarette out of the pack and found it was broken. She went crazy. Had no tape so she actually put a paper clip on it so she could smoke it.

Desperation does strange things to people.

Just ordered 3 RR's for my January cruise on the Majesty (RCCI).

I could not find in their rules section(on their website) anything about boarding with water or soda.

Am I allowed to bring water or soda bottles with water or soda in them on board???

Going on Brilliance in January in Dubai and wanted to sneak whisky and wine onboard. What are chance of getting it past if put into checked-in luggage?

Would it be better to put whisky into hip flask?

You want to mess around with alcohol in Dubai?

Ha!

Not a good idea!

Just took 3 liters of boxed wine on to Monarch. Just took it out of box, put the bag in a ziploc, and put it in checked luggage. No problem -everything was delivered intact. Suite attendant didn't say a word when we took out the bottled water and put the bag of wine in the minibar.

This is good to know! The only alcohol I'd planned to sneak onboard was wine. My drink of choice is always Long Island Iced Teas and I have no clue how to mix them myself, anyway.

You're kidding? All this effort for a bottle of booze?

Yes I am kidding, I wanted to see if any of the cheapos who won,t buy drinks on board would try this ridiculous idea.I do not, and will never try to smuggle booze on board,if you can afford the cruise you can afford the booze.

The original poster was asking for RECENT experience, and on a specific ship. If you don't want to read the thread, skip it! I always find these interesting and informative. I have been thinking about ordering a rum runner for awhile. But on the next cruise in 4 days, we might just bring a box of wine for our "getting ready in the cabin" beverages. Have been taking wine boxes for our past several cruises with no problems (Princess and Radiance).

We will be on Carnival Legend in a few weeks...there are 3 of us. We plan to take 3 boxes of wine in our checke luggage...but my question is, will they allow us to also take 1-2 boxes in our carry on? If you're allowed "1 bottle" per person, will they allow 1 box per person?

Also, what about bottled water and/ore soda? I've seen people take 24-packs of both, but how much are you allowed?

hmmmmm nice of you to have storng opinions on everyone elses purse strings lol. But in this instance you are dead wrong darlin.

Myself and a lot of others aren't going on a shoting spree..we arent killing anyone..just taking a bit of booze on a ship. Ummm big deal.

And contrary to your belief..we can afford the cruise..just can't afford all the booze. Yes i could wait till we could afford both, but im 42 years old and not blessed with many more years. So unless you would like to shout me my booze OR pay for my weekly chemo sessins...then please don't insinuate what i can afford. And i will live in the NOW with my precious family any way i see fit as long as im not hurting anyone. And before you say it...NO the cruise line won't go broke with me taking a few drinks on board. As a rule i spend more on cappacinno than i do booze anyway and NO im not smugglign a kettle on lol

Have a good weekend

I used to do search and seizure in my young and foolish days. Here is some things I picked up along the way. Vodka,White Rum, Gin and all clear liquor looks like water. Rye( whiskey) is the same color as Gingerale. We walked right past the security guys at Carnival with the bottle of our special blend ginger ale and he was none the more aware of it then just a bottle of Canada Dry..got on with 500 ml of the stuff I got my pop card and Dh was a happy sailor:D.If you are packing bottles wrap it in bubble wrap and stick it your checked luggage. remember to stick to the one bottle per person for special occasions BS and you'll do just fine..over do it and watch out the liquor ****'s... LOL

Try this with unopened water bottles,pierce the bottom of the bottle to let the water out,fill the bottle with white rum or vodka( a vets hypodermic works well)dab some clear silicone bathtup caulking on the bottom to seal ,let dry.

Bottles seals are unopened and cannot be detected.

1. absurd

2. they detect because they shake the bottle, and as stated several times previously, alcohol looks different from water. Basically, it's a different density.

You want to mess around with alcohol in Dubai?

Ha!

Not a good idea!

You may want to check your "ASSumpions" :rolleyes: Alcohol is perfectly legal in Dubai for foriegners...........I have swilled many a cocktail in the NUMEROUS bars thoughout the city.

Im considering sneaking a 20litre keg of beer on board ,do any of the smugglers have any sugestion how?

Use the "Young Frankenstein" method. Strap it onto your back and wear a large coat to conceal it. When they ask " What's that hump?" Respond "What Hump!":D

• 2 weeks later...

The Mariner in Los Angeles is a "test port" and is not currently confiscating any alcohol, period. Only exceptions were for the Atlantis charter, and possibly the months of March & April. (Spring Break- they figure they can make lots of $ if they prevent excess alcohol from coming aboard.)

How do you know this? I leave this Saturday for the Mariner...this is important stuff....

was just onradiance we used the rum runners in our checked luggage and we were fine but some of our friends had to go to the naughty room so its a gamble

But did your friends use rum runners or the original containers or bottles?

Thats my biggest fear..or i should say my ONLY fear. You read in their guidelines and it says taking alcohol onboard can result in your tickets being cancelled.

Remember that if you are "caught" and need to go to the "naughty room" it is late in the evening on the first day. The ship has sailed by that point and you will not be kicked off.

• 3 months later...
Use the "Young Frankenstein" method. Strap it onto your back and wear a large coat to conceal it. When they ask " What's that hump?" Respond "What Hump!":D

Haha! I was just thinking about using the small rum runners, placing them strategically in my bra, and being "extra endowed" for the day! :)

Archived