Sabatini's restraunt on the diamond

sdeziel

We will be sailing on the 22 of Jan. and would like to know how much it costs to eat there, if it is open on the first nite and how good is the food there? Is it worth the extra money?

Thanks

Hi!

We ate at the Sabatini's on the Coral Princess during the 12/10-12/20 Panama Canal cruise. It is indeed open the first night and, if it is like the one on the Coral, open for lunch as well, but only on sea days. The cost was $20.00 per person.

Is it worth it? You only order your entree and dessert. All other courses are a tasting menu (a lot of food). We would have preferred to order selections. The meal takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours, which is fine, but there were some long lapses between courses. Our entrees and desserts, while very good, were not sufficient to lure us back. They also will charge you extra for a cappucino or espresso on top of the $20.00 pp. We thought that was a little excessive.

$20pp to eat there. It is open on first night and I didn't care for the food so I didn't think it was worth it. However, I may be in the minority. I thought the menu had strange selections, although plentiful.

I agree with you, Lynda. We tried it on 2 different cruises, and won't go again. It was just okay. It's more of an experience rather than a dining enjoyment.

We sailed on the Nov. 6 Diamond and ate at Sabatini's the first night, with a group of 5, including an entertainer onboard that we met during the muster drill. We enjoyed our dinner and the excess pampering so much that my husband and I made another reservation (for 2) a few nights later. Although it was $20 per person, we were not charged the usual corkage fee for our champagne (which every other restaurant charged us), so this factor was a plus. Yes, it's a lot of food. Yes, it's a long, leisurely dinner. Yes, be sure to dine with people you like, or would like to get to know better. The waitstaff (especially Luis) go out of their way to make this dining experience the most memorable on the cruise. Compared to the price of a cruise, $20 is a drop in the bucket. I'd recommend eating at Sabatini's at least once.

Regardless of your decision, I hope you enjoy your cruise. We'll be back on the Diamond the week after you (Jan. 29th) and once again, we will be eating at Sabatini's the first night. Our cruise will be Luis' last cruise as he is going home to Portugal on Feb. 6th.

We also sailed on the Diamond Princess and tried this place as well and in all honesty wasnt impressed and wouldnt do it again, I can think of better things to do with the 40.00 we threw away:( . Princess really should re-think this one.

We have eaten twice at Sabatini's on the Grand, and we loved it. The waiters bring you small portions of many, many appetizers, some hot and some cold. It leans heavily towards seafood, but not exclusively, and you may not like everything --- but there's so much food presented, that's actually a good thing!! You also get 3 types of pasta, a choice of 2 soups (the cioppino was the best I've had) and dessert in addition to your choice of entree. The whole experience is quite different from the DR, and we find it well worth the money. WE'll be sailing with you on the Diamond on 1/22 and we're undecided at this point about going again, since this ship has the 4 themed anytime dining restaurants, but I really think everyone should try Sabatini's at least once. By the way, if you're interested, there's a roll call for this cruise over on the Princess Roll Calls board ---- hope to see you there.

Archived