Elation out of Mobile???

sugashay1

Nope. And, yep. Currently, the Fantasy is cruising out of Mobile. I can't remember off the top of my head when she'll be headed to Charleston, though.

And, I've cruised out of Mobile 3 times, but it was on the little Holiday. Not sure if I'll be able to help, but I do live here as well. If you have any specific Mobile questions, I'll try my best. :)

Nope. And, yep. Currently, the Fantasy is cruising out of Mobile. I can't remember off the top of my head when she'll be headed to Charleston, though.

And, I've cruised out of Mobile 3 times, but it was on the little Holiday. Not sure if I'll be able to help, but I do live here as well. If you have any specific Mobile questions, I'll try my best. :)

Thanks Andrea. BF lives in Montgemory so we decided to leave out of Mobile.

We dont leave until June 24th but I wanted to read as much as I could about it.

We just returned from the Fantasy cruise to Coz and Calica and aside from having to deal with Ida and an electrical fire in our cabin (thankfully we were out and about when it happened), it was a great cruise; met some great folks at our CC meet & greet too! Calica isn't impressive when you arrive as the ship docks in an industrial area. I'd recommend a tour either thru the cruise line or on your own. We took a cab to Xcaret (4 miles, $8 for the cab) which is an ecological theme park that one cannot possibly see completely in a day, but we had fun trying. Google "Xcaret" and you will get tons of info. FYI, the Fantasy and Elation are sister ships; the biggest difference being that the Elation has yet to receive all of the "

evolutions of Fun" upgrades, although she is a much newer ship than the Fantasy.

I'm also sailing out of Mobile on June 14th. My 11th cruise, and my then hubbie (our honeymoon) for his 1st cruise. I cannot wait to go. Any information about the ship, or the port Calica, would be fabulous. :D

Cool - you'll have to do a review when you return.

I'm also sailing out of Mobile on June 14th. My 11th cruise, and my then hubbie (our honeymoon) for his 1st cruise. I cannot wait to go. Any information about the ship, or the port Calica, would be fabulous. :D

We're sailing on the Elation on June 19th!

:cool:Bill

I too just sailed the Fantasy.

Calica was a quary!......LOL But it was the only place the ship could be docked. While Costa maya would probably have been OK, they had already made the decision to go to Calica. But...that's Playa Del Carmen...so it worked out. That little Corona hut at the pier was fun!

If I had to do Calica again, and knew beforehand, I would reach out to friends that live in Cancun to take us out and about.

What I like about the Fantasy is there seems to be more deck chairs to relax on.

Archived