Lazy/Buffet/Bathrobes

southbayer

On our Cruise this past May on the freedom , The guy at the table next to us came to dinner in the Main dining room one night in his bath robe , He was like in his 30's and was with his wife and kids and had a big mouth like he had to be the hit of the dining rooom EVERY night, I was surprised the Matri D even allowed him in.

There were folks in bathrobes on our cruise this fall on Lido deck at the buffet. They were in swimsuits and the robes were used as swimsuit coverups. Hey I would not wear a robe in a public space but these folks were on vacation. I guess if it doesn't personally affect me it doesn't bother me.

Heck once I even saw Host Mach in a leopard teddy and jetskier (Dave) in something even scantier........congrats Dave.....:p

To each their own.......appreciate the diversity

Mach, do tell!!! (and then immediately censor the thread!!!!)

There were folks in bathrobes on our cruise this fall on Lido deck at the buffet. They were in swimsuits and the robes were used as swimsuit coverups. Hey I would not wear a robe in a public space but these folks were on vacation. I guess if it doesn't personally affect me it doesn't bother me.

Bathing suits are not allowed in the buffet area inside, so a lot of people use the robes as cover-ups. Big whoop.

Now, going to the MDR is another thing................:eek:

I will just be thankful that they cover up...It always seems to happen on the last sea day coming into New Orleans...Last time many large men had only their bathing suits on for lunch...I would have been grateful for the bath robe...We always try to do the dining room for lunch if its possible. I've not seen it there as of yet.

Thank you, I was wondering who was gonna agree with me.... And no, these people are not from the pool area, they look like they just peeled the pillow off their face...

I still shake my head if I see a robe in a public eating area. They do this in hotels?

Usually we laugh behind their backs, but some look so silly you can't hold it in, in front of them.

Oh, yeah. They do. Ever stay at a Disney hotel?

We have stayed at several...Deluxe..moderate...and for my money the best of them all...the value resorts! We have never seen anything or anyone at any of them doing or wearing anything inappropriate. Quite frankly, on none of our many trips have we ever seen anything that really pissed us off. Too bad....we don't even have any good funny stories about others on our trips to laugh about at the dinner table! I guess we just don't bother to notice.

It seems alot of people use their robes to eat in, lounge in, travel in, keep warm on the lido deck in...........I will no longer take mine out of the closet:eek: Yeah sure they clean them:cool::eek:

I don't take mine out of the closet either...not because they don't clean them..as mine have always had the tags on them....but because the folks on these boards have me terrified that they will charge me for them and I will have to wait for hours at the Purser to get the charge removed!

I would rather see the robes than men without shirts eating at the buffet. It really grossed me out when we were on the Splendor. I loved the robes, but after I had worn it for a couple hours one morning, I put my hand in the pocket and pulled out a wad of kleenex..ewww..I told my room steward who was very apologetic and he brought me a brand new one. I am tempted to buy one of the robes, they are so cozy!

Only cruise I remember seeing people in bathrobes was the first one on the Holiday. Noticed at breakfast many of the older people onboard were wearing their bathrobe and slippers to breakfast at the buffet.

As for my last cruise I only went to the lido buffet to eat three times the entire week. Didn't see anyone in bathrobes that I noticed.

I never get involved in complaint/debates on these boards, I'm usually shy about putting myself forward like that. But, this one has me going!

I am a "bathrobe offender". I love sunrises. I check Capers for sunrise times. Get a wake-up call. Throw on my robe and tiptoe out, without waking DH. Obviously I am the "face just peeled off the pillow" person that has been spotted on deck. Sometimes I linger a bit too long on deck, breathing in the salt air and enjoying the sunrise. I commit the cardinal sin. I get myself some breakfast at the buffet, and go eat it outside. Never in my wildest dreams did it occur to me that I might be offending someone. PLEASE, people.......what is the big deal? I am not in the formal dining room, I am outside. I am totally and completely covered, nothing is showing (those bathrobes are big enough to hide a Volkswagon under). I am not unsanitary. My bare behind is not touching any of the seats, which is more than I can say for a lot of fellow passengers in skimpy bathing suits.

So now, if I continue my morning ritual that I enjoyed so much, I will probably feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't want to ruin someone's day by my "inappropriate" attire. Come on, fellow cruisers, lets not waste our precious cruise days finding things to criticize each other about. Chill.

Bathing suits are not allowed in the buffet area inside, so a lot of people use the robes as cover-ups. Big whoop.

Now, going to the MDR is another thing................:eek:

I just don't understand why some folks seem so displeased at what others wear. I admit, I have only been on 2 cruises, but I could really care less what others are wearing and also could care less what people think about what I am wearing. It is a vacation after all..

Also,

No reason why a bathrobe would be less sanitary than capris and blouse - whether used as a cover up or not!!:rolleyes:

I have never seen a person in the buffet line in a bathrobe, now bathing suits that is another story. I just don't understand how anyone thinks it is ok to go inside and eat in your bathing suit.

Anyway, it wouldn't offend me per se, I would just think it was odd to see.

BTW, I thought (and I could be wrong) that bath robes were for stateroom use only? If someone could answer this question (I am being serious) for me as Jan will be my first Carnival cruise. TIA

Well on every cruise, and this past one seems to be no different - Why A FEW people always seem to wear their bathrobes in the buffet ?

After some thought, I have to conclude that those FEW Peeps are Lazy. I mean, if your that laid back or lazy, stay in your stateroom and order room service. No one wants to see you in your bathrobe with god knows what your wearing under that going through the buffet line. In a time when being sanitary is more important than ever, but nobody (crew) says anything.

Hey give them a break, maybe they can't afford cover-ups. Just because I can afford cute cover-up's and more then one bathing suit doesn't mean everyone can. I just feel sorry for them and say a prayer for them.

Archived