Nachi or Sanchos ?

Joie

Ok we are torn between the two.....both are about the same cost etc....so would like to hear from others who have been to either and/or both.

Will be there on the Liberty in April.

Beach ?

Food ?

Ease of getting to and from Carnival pier.

Water sports?

Any info appreciated.

thanks in advance

Ok we are torn between the two.....both are about the same cost etc....so would like to hear from others who have been to either and/or both.

Will be there on the Liberty in April.

Beach ?

Food ?

Ease of getting to and from Carnival pier.

Water sports?

Any info appreciated.

thanks in advance

Been to both and prefer Nachi.. there are many reviews and pics of both beaches on this board.. but food is comparable.. getting to a from the pier around the same.. water sports you would have to check their website haven't use any not sure what they have

We are traveling with our son and his friend on their spring break. Which is best for their age group? I was concerned that Nachi would not have many their age.

The few times I've been at Nachi, I've never seen teenagers there. It's mostly older people who enjoy the quiet beach.

Looks like it's a toss up........there will be 4 adults and one teen. Spending about half day there and then heading into town.

Which is closer to the pier? Are they both south of town?

Nachi is a bit further, but not by much (if memory serves).

thanks......we really are just looking for a nice quiet beach for about half a day...so Nachi sounds good.

Have read a few reviews that some beach had sewer smells.....hope we won't be close to that one.

I had a question about Cozumel Beach Breaks such as Nachi Cocom, Paradise or Chakanaab Park. Is it better of even possible to just arrive at the pier, grab a cab and have them take you to one of these beach breaks and use the beach and ammenities? It looks like a reservation is needed for Nachi with only 100 max capacity. But is it possible to find a really nice beach like Nachi that doesn't require a reservation?

Thanks in advance for any information. We will be in Cozumel on 12-17-09 arriving on the Liberty.

Willie

I had a question about Cozumel Beach Breaks such as Nachi Cocom, Paradise or Chakanaab Park. Is it better of even possible to just arrive at the pier, grab a cab and have them take you to one of these beach breaks and use the beach and ammenities? It looks like a reservation is needed for Nachi with only 100 max capacity. But is it possible to find a really nice beach like Nachi that doesn't require a reservation?

Thanks in advance for any information. We will be in Cozumel on 12-17-09 arriving on the Liberty.

Willie

You don't need a reservation for Chankanaab and I've never been to Paradise but from what I've read on here I'm pretty sure you don't for that one also. We've been to Chankanaab quite a few times and always just take a taxi. It's a park so you pay admission to enter It's $16 a person for adults but if you go on there website they have a coupon for $2 off per person. Paradise I think you only pay if you want to use chairs, water toys etc.

Chankanaab doesn't really have a nice beach for just playing in the water do they? From what I remember it's quite deep right away by the shore. Good snorkling, but not really to play in shallow water.........is that right? I know alot has changed since they were rebuilt after the hurricane a few years back...we haven't been there since then.

Chankanaab doesn't really have a nice beach for just playing in the water do they? From what I remember it's quite deep right away by the shore. Good snorkling, but not really to play in shallow water.........is that right? I know alot has changed since they were rebuilt after the hurricane a few years back...we haven't been there since then.

We were there in Oct 2008 and there was a small cove (swimming area on map) with a beach and the water was calm and only about 2 or 3 feet deep for most of it. The bottom was not all sandy but quite rocky so water shoes are needed.

Archived