Live from QM2 now en route to the carribean nov 17th

southwestie

Hi Rob & Robin

I just stumbled onto this thread. I watched you on the webcam today. I could actually see the blueness. Looked warm and sunny. It rained a little today and looked like winter.:( It is almost time for my nightly cup of tea which I have along with a couple of the biscuits that you gave me. The fruit and the chocolate is a nice combo.:)

Thanks Guys for springing me out of work on Tueday. I had a wonderful time.

I just booked the westbound after Norway . Wings won't get so tired now.

Denise

Wonderful, you now have to welcome us on board, be waiting for us

Nov 19th

Interesting just watching the crew do the maintence work on the ship, we suffered some slight damage, nothing much.

We heard that Commodore Warner may have retired or is about too, a shame if this is true, we both liked him very much.

Tonight is the 2nd formal night.

Our tables mates are all great, we have cruise junky Joan and her husband Jay, Macmoo and her husnabd Grant, on honeymoon and 2 other, Jamie was great as always and booked the table for us both and our friends on the next 3 voyages, he also assigned the same waiters to our table, we said how good they are are and he added the names to us, white star service at its best, we both really feel that we belong to the unard family of returning passengers..

Nov 20th.

We have been invited tonight up too Queens grill for pre-dinner cocktails, looking forward to an evening in there, today we passed very close to Jamaica on the way to Cristobal, we arrive at 9.30, this is now our 9th day at sea, still having a wonderful time and meeting so many wonderful people.

This morning, sun beds on deck 12, trivia at 11.30, Gun now looks for us, we cant disapoint, Robin a day pass at the spa on the amazing new radio show, we have passed it on to Hillary (macmoo)

And she is looking forward to a day in the spa.

Weather is hot and sunny, 84F we are making 28.3 knts, Just hard to believe that last week we had 35 foot waves washing over us, something I would not missed for anything, I wouldn’t order it again, but I would do it again, maybe the October 19th crossing will be the same.

Thanks to everyone for the emails, we miss our friends Loratta and terry as do many on the ship, dolly and fred, our trivia mates Dorinda and dale and everyone, so many to mention, but we have met a lot more good people so far, so it continues.

Saturday we go on the Panama railroad, a vist to the locks on the canal, a lot are joining us on that tour.

We can see as we go around the ship, re painting, cleaning and repairs to the damage done by the storm, its getting back as it should

thought you were there yesterday, boy did i make a mistake. if you go to miraflores give us a wave!! all the best and enjoy all the ports i've not been to any of them myself. are you flying home straight off the ship or staying in new york? your other cruise you have booked sounds really nice

enjoy

dave

Wonderful, you now have to welcome us on board, be waiting for us

We will get on together, but unfortunately I will have to say goodbye to You , Robin & Laura on Aug 2 :(and make new friends on the TA back home.:)

Denise

We will get on together, but unfortunately I will have to say goodbye to You , Robin & Laura on Aug 2 :(and make new friends on the TA back home.:)

Denise

We will all have a great time in Norway, Jamie kindly made sure we are all on table 140.

but see you in Somerset in April

Nov 19th

We can see as we go around the ship, re painting, cleaning and repairs to the damage done by the storm, its getting back as it should

Was there any serious damage done? Did they say exactly what the damage done was? We hope she will be in good shape for our January trip!:)

safari girl. checked your profile-brought back memorys! We we on the Edinburgh castel Donottar caste Arundel castle,Cape Town castle.I see you are in health care .Did you train as a nurse?I did my nursiung training in port Elizabeth /Hope to hear from you. Lekker by die see!!!

Was there any serious damage done? Did they say exactly what the damage done was? We hope she will be in good shape for our January trip!:)

No real damage none to us it seems, all is well, althought the pilot ship did run right into us yesterdat, a loud bang, but no damage, thunder and lightning show last last was spectacular

No real damage none to us it seems, all is well, althought the pilot ship did run right into us yesterdat, a loud bang, but no damage, thunder and lightning show last last was spectacular

I'm glad she is just having minor problems, and remains intact for the most part. I love a really good thunder storm when you are on a ship. Things look a little bit choppy today from the web cam, but it is often misleading. Thanks for all of your updates, they make most enjoyable reading:)

safari girl. checked your profile-brought back memorys! We we on the Edinburgh castel Donottar caste Arundel castle,Cape Town castle.I see you are in health care .Did you train as a nurse?I did my nursiung training in port Elizabeth /Hope to hear from you. Lekker by die see!!!

Sorry for the thread drift guys!

Our trips on Union Castle were fantastic, in many ways I'm still searching for that elegance and ambiance when I sail. The QM2 is very different, but does fulfill some of that need.

I did my training in Rhodesia, a long time ago now!

Tot siens:)

Hi, Loretta and Terry.

It looks as if your return trip to the States was a bit more fun than the trip over, but only a bit, thanks to the weather!

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

It was more than a bit! The sea swells were from seven to twelve feet high with thirty foot waves, at times, that would wash past the windows on Deck Two and Three. Being on the Queen Mary 2, a true ocean liner, was the big plus. Captain Bates explained we were never in any danger, but it was one of the worst three days he has witnessed in a long time. So, if it was the worst, then I have to say it was not all that bad.

Loretta and I were pleased to me you during the Cruise Critic get together and meeting you again several times and talking with you about ships and Mark Twain.

We booked our next voyage while on board the QM2 for October 25-November 1, 2010, back again on the QM2 for a seven day roundtrip voyage from Brooklyn, NY, to New England/Canada. Now I have to get the "Countdown Clock" to work. I always have a problem with it. I think the system does not respond to Apple computers.

Terrence

I'm glad she is just having minor problems, and remains intact for the most part. I love a really good thunder storm when you are on a ship. Things look a little bit choppy today from the web cam, but it is often misleading. Thanks for all of your updates, they make most enjoyable reading:)

Not too bad, weather is good really, thunder was good, we now have a new cruise director, ray,s wife took ill we understand, he had to fly home, we now have Paul o,loughlin, very nice, came over and spoke to us last night.

also had a long chat with Captain Bates, he really is a great guy.

just had sailaway and now on the way to Grenada

We sailed into Grenada this morning, after breakfast we got a tender in the town, this a beautiful island, very clean, very safe, we got a taxi up to the waterfall, met some locals and saw a waterfall jump team, the smell od all the spices is breathtaking, we purchased some hot sauce after the trip and returned for the afternoon, sail away was very wet, we had rain , no matter it was all wonderful, we do have a problem with a tender which it seems is not secure, we are underway, so they must have something in hand.

4 people it seems have been left behind in Panama, we have no idea what happened as yet

Tonight is a deck party, we have made good friends with many people, so we are off to that later.

Tomorrow is the 14th day, and a week to go.

We sailed into Grenada this morning, after breakfast we got a tender in the town, this a beautiful island, very clean, very safe, we got a taxi up to the waterfall, met some locals and saw a waterfall jump team, the smell od all the spices is breathtaking, we purchased some hot sauce after the trip and returned for the afternoon, sail away was very wet, we had rain , no matter it was all wonderful, we do have a problem with a tender which it seems is not secure, we are underway, so they must have something in hand.

4 people it seems have been left behind in Panama, we have no idea what happened as yet

Tonight is a deck party, we have made good friends with many people, so we are off to that later.

Tomorrow is the 14th day, and a week to go.

Glad you're having a good time. We're getting excited just reading your reports knowing we'll be there next week.

Glad you're having a good time. We're getting excited just reading your reports knowing we'll be there next week.

If your on the same itinery as this, in grenada, make sure you walk right thru the cars quite a way untill you are charged $10 each, wonderful trip to the waterfall, in Babados if you take the taxi tours, walk out side the gates for a good taxi, clean cars and no line for them.

ship is NOW all in good working order, toilets went wrong today , but soon fixed.

hot and sunny in babados today, waiting for sailaway with 3 other ships inport,

see ocean village in barbadod with you today. bet the weather is good rather than being in windy hull where i was today.

all the best rob

dave

yes your right, also , NCL dawn is opp us and carnival victory, we did think how much you would love to see them

Today we docked in St Kitts, this is a beautiful island, we took our favorite tour, the sugar train, wonderful countryside, people , children all waving to us, after the tour we explored the small area of Zante, lunch on board with friends, nap, swim, tea, swim, nap and a wonderful sail away, we back out past the Norwegian dawn, we were all so close we could all just talk to each other, Captain bates blasted the whistle , the NCL blasted hers and it went back and forth quite a few time.

Tonight, dinner in Todd English with a good friends Crane & Ron and then star glazing on deck 12 and then G32 night club till whenever.

In the morning we arrive in Tortola, this has been the most wonderful crossing and cruise, the Amazing high seas, 40 waves, force 11 gales and now calm Caribbean seas, how can we top this, well Im sure we will next year.

Weather is very hot, very sunny and clear sky

Archived