Live from QM2 now en route to the carribean nov 17th

southwestie

Today is the last day of the voyage , for those departing in NYC, we have met some many wonderful people on voyage, so many are becoming friends, thank dorinda and dale for the gift, terry and Loretta for your gifts and the wonderful preview catalogue of the ship, it all means so much to us both.

Today we had a vist from the US coast guard, a huge plane, it came down lever with the ship and then gone, we saw 2 doors floating in the sea today, no idea where they came from.

Its always sad on the last sea day even if we are going to continue down to the Caribbean, a few have asked to sit on our table on that voyage and I cant wait until the morning to see our friends Adel and tom, mary and elizabeth and denise for lunch, .

So tonight a last meal with 2 good friends and 2 new friends, bed and then the arrival into NYC.

The service onboard has improved a lot since June when we sailed to Norway, small things , the whole white star service has been amazing, how they coped with the weather I really don’t know, .

Its going to be hard for us tonight, so an early night is due, or maybe dance the night away in G32 again.

NYC

Today was an amazing day, up early as the QM2 sailed under the bridge and past the statue of liberty, always a moving time, we docked early around 5.45, after breakfast 4 of us left in a limo for NYC , we both had lunch with 5 good friends from other cruises, wonderful friends, more gifts, but more important a great time spent with all, we returned to the ship and waited for sail away at 5pm, we had the clear sky, one of the best sunsets ever, and we sailed out into the sea, followed by small ships and helicopters, under the bridge where the traffic hooted us, so we are heading for the Caribbean, hot , sunshine and wonderful islands lay ahead, this is a 14 day voyage, and we will be taking 3 sea days to get to the first island, Cristobal, where will take the Panama train across to the Panama canal.

This trip we are going to take the galley tour tour again, always interesting to see.

We have been invited by our good friends up the grills for thanksgiving day lunch, something we have never celebrated, I will let you more about this when the day arrives.

So glad that you are still reporting on this new thread. I have followed it all the way from Soton. We met Jim on a June crossing and hope to meet you both at some point.

Cheers from Hawaii which is similar to the Caribbean in weather and lovely isles.

So glad that you are still reporting on this new thread. I have followed it all the way from Soton. We met Jim on a June crossing and hope to meet you both at some point.

Cheers from Hawaii which is similar to the Caribbean in weather and lovely isles.

Very much so, we love Hawaii as well.

Odd. It wasn't an island when I was there. Has there been a lot of rain?

your correct, we have a few islands, and cristobal is not one ,looking forward to it none the less.

we have 6 CC members on our table this voyage.

thanks for all your posts did not realise they werre on here as was looking on roll calls. spounds like you have made a lot of friends and are all having a great time. cristabal sounds great train to panama i've been thru the panama twice but guess this will be different. all the gifts yopu got sounds great too and thanksgiving celebrastion(when is it on?>) i might be in new york for 4th july next year as doing NORWEGIAN EPIC across the atlantic. hope we do not have the seas ytou have had or the ship is not made as well as the qm2.

all the best

dave(in wet and windy london)

Today is the last day of the voyage , for those departing in NYC, we have met some many wonderful people on voyage, so many are becoming friends, thank dorinda and dale for the gift, terry and Loretta for your gifts and the wonderful preview catalogue of the ship, it all means so much to us both.

Today we had a vist from the US coast guard, a huge plane, it came down lever with the ship and then gone, we saw 2 doors floating in the sea today, no idea where they came from.

Its always sad on the last sea day even if we are going to continue down to the Caribbean, a few have asked to sit on our table on that voyage and I cant wait until the morning to see our friends Adel and tom, mary and elizabeth and denise for lunch, .

So tonight a last meal with 2 good friends and 2 new friends, bed and then the arrival into NYC.

The service onboard has improved a lot since June when we sailed to Norway, small things , the whole white star service has been amazing, how they coped with the weather I really don’t know, .

Its going to be hard for us tonight, so an early night is due, or maybe dance the night away in G32 again.

NYC

Today was an amazing day, up early as the QM2 sailed under the bridge and past the statue of liberty, always a moving time, we docked early around 5.45, after breakfast 4 of us left in a limo for NYC , we both had lunch with 5 good friends from other cruises, wonderful friends, more gifts, but more important a great time spent with all, we returned to the ship and waited for sail away at 5pm, we had the clear sky, one of the best sunsets ever, and we sailed out into the sea, followed by small ships and helicopters, under the bridge where the traffic hooted us, so we are heading for the Caribbean, hot , sunshine and wonderful islands lay ahead, this is a 14 day voyage, and we will be taking 3 sea days to get to the first island, Cristobal, where will take the Panama train across to the Panama canal.

This trip we are going to take the galley tour tour again, always interesting to see.

We have been invited by our good friends up the grills for thanksgiving day lunch, something we have never celebrated, I will let you more about this when the day arrives.

Will miss you both as well our many friends who were guests and crew.

Wish we are on board, but will be off in a day or 2 for some other cruising.

thanks for all your posts did not realise they werre on here as was looking on roll calls. spounds like you have made a lot of friends and are all having a great time. cristabal sounds great train to panama i've been thru the panama twice but guess this will be different. all the gifts yopu got sounds great too and thanksgiving celebrastion(when is it on?>) i might be in new york for 4th july next year as doing NORWEGIAN EPIC across the atlantic. hope we do not have the seas ytou have had or the ship is not made as well as the qm2.

all the best

dave(in wet and windy london)

A calm smooth day, meeting more people. playing trivia today, CC meeting at 2pm is another huge event, will send you photos when we return

we pass bermuda this afternoon

...thank dorinda and dale for the gift, terry and Loretta for your gifts...more gifts...

You've mentioned gifts a couple of times now. I could have sworn I read a reference to a honeymoon in a post that now seems missing, or perhaps I am just imaging things. Are you newly married? If so, many congratulations! If not, what's the occasion? Whatever it is, a cruise to the Caribbean is a great way to celebrate. Bravo!

Rob6852, So how are you enjoying the QM2 caribbean cruise? So the first port of call is near the Panama Canal? In January 2006 I was aboard the QE2 for the New York to Los Angeles via the Panama Canal segment of the QE2's world cruise and it was very interesting seeing how the QE2 and other ships sail through the canal.Very interested in seeing the pictures of your cruise. Regards,Jerry

Rob6852, So how are you enjoying the QM2 caribbean cruise? So the first port of call is near the Panama Canal? In January 2006 I was aboard the QE2 for the New York to Los Angeles via the Panama Canal segment of the QE2's world cruise and it was very interesting seeing how the QE2 and other ships sail through the canal.Very interested in seeing the pictures of your cruise. Regards,Jerry

The QM2 is not transiting the canal. Too fat. Pity.

The QM2 is not transiting the canal. Too fat. Pity.
Well I always knew that the QM2 is a Post Panamax Ship.Post Panamax Ships are too wide and too long for the Panama Canal locks and Panamax Ships like the now retired QE2 are able to transit the Panama Canal locks.Panamax Ships can only be built up to 965 feet long and 106 feet wide.The Panama Canal locks are 110 feet wide and 1,000 feet long.QE2 is 963 feet long and 105 feet wide,QM2 is 1,132 feet long and 135 feet wide.On this particular cruise the QM2 is sailing to a port near the Panama Canal but she will not transit the canal. Regards,Jerry

Hi Rob and Robin,

We miss you already! It was so nice to greet you two in the Ocean Terminal in Southampton and then spend several gatherings with you and others for lunches and dinners.

Having good friends on board for a crossing makes the entire experience worth more.

Thanks for the gifts, and we hope you enjoy the ones we gave you (especially the 2 ply).

This evening we had our tea time. Terry had his in the British mug that you gave him with a piece of pumpkin pie. He was not able to find pumpkin pie while on board for our back to back crossing from Brooklyn.

We view the QM2 bridge cam each day. The Atlantic appears to be much calmer than what we witnessed for three days out of Southampton. Of course the big plus was the fact the QM2 handled it so well.

Say hi to Crane for us.

Loretta and Terry

The Atlantic appears to be much calmer than what we witnessed for three days out of Southampton. Of course the big plus was the fact the QM2 handled it so well.

Loretta and Terry

Hi, Loretta and Terry.

It looks as if your return trip to the States was a bit more fun than the trip over, but only a bit, thanks to the weather!

Regards,

Frank

Nov 18th

We are now well on the way to Cristobal, Bermuda will on our left by late this afternoon, the weather is slight seas and warm,72 F, nice to be able to sit out on deck 7.

Breakfast was good, long as always and we chatted to 6 others, always nice to do.

We had coffee with Crane and his partner Ron who boarded in NYC, the cruise critic meeting is today the 18th at 2pm.

We met and got together with Jason who is head of entertainment, he is looking after us on the meeting and made ref on the morning show today,. It will interesting to see if anyone else turns up at this meeting.

This evening is formal and world club cocktail party.

They sent us tickets for the Galley tour, we must take the camera this time..

Nov 19th.

A beautiful calm sea as deep a blue as you can get in there today, the sun in shining bright, we are holding the 2nd cabin cavalcade, these really are good fun.

Planetarium show is good, we saw one today.

Dolphins and flying have been seen today, great to see dolphins, this is the place to see them and not up close on the commercial places.

This whole voyage has been made so special, so many waiters, bat staff have remembered us and came up to see us both, Jason is running he entertainment , I think Ray Rouse is around still, Jason is doing good, meeting everyone,

Tonight is the 2nd formal night.

Hi Rob and Robin,

We miss you already! It was so nice to greet you two in the Ocean Terminal in Southampton and then spend several gatherings with you and others for lunches and dinners.

Having good friends on board for a crossing makes the entire experience worth more.

Thanks for the gifts, and we hope you enjoy the ones we gave you (especially the 2 ply).

This evening we had our tea time. Terry had his in the British mug that you gave him with a piece of pumpkin pie. He was not able to find pumpkin pie while on board for our back to back crossing from Brooklyn.

We view the QM2 bridge cam each day. The Atlantic appears to be much calmer than what we witnessed for three days out of Southampton. Of course the big plus was the fact the QM2 handled it so well.

Say hi to Crane for us.

Loretta and Terry

We really miss you both so much, cant wait until october

Hi Rob & Robin

I just stumbled onto this thread. I watched you on the webcam today. I could actually see the blueness. Looked warm and sunny. It rained a little today and looked like winter.:( It is almost time for my nightly cup of tea which I have along with a couple of the biscuits that you gave me. The fruit and the chocolate is a nice combo.:)

Thanks Guys for springing me out of work on Tueday. I had a wonderful time.

I just booked the westbound after Norway . Wings won't get so tired now.

Denise

Archived