Kid friendly beach

ms32795

My family and my buddies family will be in Grand Cayman in a few weeks, we have both seen pics of Cemetary beach and would love to go, but I have seen comments in other threads that there are no bathrooms/washrooms and that would make it not a good choice to bring a 2, 4, & 5 year old to spend the day. What would be another place similar to Cemetary beach that would be more kid friendly. Were looking to do the beach scene away from crowds, an would like to include a little snorkeling, as well, but if snorkeling is not possible then the beach will be just fine. Finally were not up for the over-priced ship excursions, just a bus or cab fare to get us there, basically a nice public beach to play in the sand and surf and let the kids run free.:D

Thanks

I think Royal Palms/Reef Grill or Sea Grape would be good choices. If you feel these are too crowded and you don't need chairs you can walk up or down the beach a little ways away from the rental chairs and drop your towels and enjoy the beach. Then, if you need the facilities they are handy.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Seagrape beach can get very crowded. But a couple of years ago, last time I was there, the beach across from the Courtyard Marriott was not as crowded. It is just up the beach from Seagrape, and as I recall, there are facilities there. And used to be if you rented a lounge chair you got a free water or soda with it.

Well, were back and we had a pretty good time in Grand Cayman. We ended up going to Cemetery Beach after all, it was a nice sunny day but a little on the windy side (our cab driver said that a cold front was pushing through the island), so the surf was a little on the rough side and it stirred up the sand and sediment making it difficult to see while snorkling. The kids had a great time on the beach and in the water with us. All in all we had a great time the 3 hours we spent there, also we may have seen 2 dozen people the whole time. :)

Thanks for the update, we are thinking of going there ourselves!

If you make sure everyone has used the potty before you leave and bring some snacks and something to drink, you will have a great time.

Archived