Legend 5191 - obstructed balcony

jtdlmc

I noticed during a search that a couple people were in this cabin on other Spirit class ships. I booked it on the Legend (Feb 2011). On the deck plans it looks like the life boat is only obstructing part of the balcony? Is that how it is? Is there an area at the end of the balcony that we can look down? Pictures? No big deal if we can't look down. It's just that we have soooo long to wait.....any little tidbits are exciting!!!!

If you see photos of other spirit class ships it will be exact on your sailing.

The lifeboat sits to the railing. If you want to see down in the waters you can do so on the promanade deck will be an access to the deck. (it runs under those lifeboats

• 5 months later...

I just book that room too and was wondering the same thing. It looks like there is no life boat underneath it but it is still considered obstructed view so I was hoping to get lucky. We are cruising over Thanksgiving so I will be able to tell you when we get back. Meantime if you find any pics or anything more about the room, please let me know:)

I just book that room too and was wondering the same thing. It looks like there is no life boat underneath it but it is still considered obstructed view so I was hoping to get lucky. We are cruising over Thanksgiving so I will be able to tell you when we get back. Meantime if you find any pics or anything more about the room, please let me know:)

I still haven't found out anymore - even put a plea on the Carnival board (a pretty easy one I thought) for anyone going on the Legend or any Spirit class ship to take a picture of it from the outside or just look at it and report back - the last balcony within the front set of lifeboats, but nobody has done so. I, too, am just curious and wanted to know just in case the upsell fairy calls with a nonobstructed balcony offer. Well now I will look forward to your return! I will post again if I do find out anymore.

Cabin #5191 has the smaller life boat outside which will only come up even with the balcony floor. This is one of the better OB rooms as you will still be able to look straight out to the water just not directly down.

Tall Boats---Cabin #'s 5142 - 5167

Shorter boats---- cabin #'s 5168 - 5191 and 5224 - 5245

cabins -- 5236,5238 and 5245 are all an extended balcony.

Thanks Serene. The bottom pictures shows the room in question and it appears that the lifeboat does go all the way to the end of the balcony and it almost seems worse because the end that is in front of that balcony has the little window bump thing which looks like it comes up to the top of the balcony wall. Unfortunately we need a quad room and 5236 won't accommodate us. 5161 or 5160 look like they might be better. We booked Early Saver - do they allow room changes in the same category?

They aren't showing any 8As available - 8B would be $140 (total) more but none on the same deck. 8Cs are available and would be $180 more. The price of the 7A has gone up $40/person (1st and 2nd) since I booked.

is that 140 total or pp?

the reason I ask-- are you aware of how narrow the balcony is?

We booked one of these 7A on the Miracle a few years ago because a regular balcony was close to 400 more total. Not worth the price. Cabin is exact. For the amount of time we sit on the balcony

That is total. I originally only booked a balcony so that my DH had somewhere to smoke (he doesn't smoke inside anywhere). I doubt we'll be out there often as I'm sure the balcony won't fit all four of us - but maybe in the morning/evening while the kids are still sleeping. Is the balcony wide enough for chairs?

the balcony will have two chairs and a small table.

If that is all you use it for then it will be good for its purpose- that is exactly why we booked it.

(but the next cruise I lucked out and got 6234.

Thanks, Serene, for all your help! I must admit, I am a little disappointed. I thought I lucked out when I viewed the ships's floor plan and it looked like the lifeboats stopped just short of our room...bummer! What category is 6232? I have been trying to search prices and it won't even show me any rooms on the 6th floor it keeps showing me the 8th floor.

Thanks, Serene, for all your help! I must admit, I am a little disappointed. I thought I lucked out when I viewed the ships's floor plan and it looked like the lifeboats stopped just short of our room...bummer! What category is 6232? I have been trying to search prices and it won't even show me any rooms on the 6th floor it keeps showing me the 8th floor.

its an 8J. (did you see how big the balcony is on the deck plan?)

there is one of those on deck 5 too.

I noticed during a search that a couple people were in this cabin on other Spirit class ships. I booked it on the Legend (Feb 2011). On the deck plans it looks like the life boat is only obstructing part of the balcony? Is that how it is? Is there an area at the end of the balcony that we can look down? Pictures? No big deal if we can't look down. It's just that we have soooo long to wait.....any little tidbits are exciting!!!!

Hi we are going on the Legend in Oct. and staying in5181 in the obstucted view. the way it was explained is if you are standing up looking down you see the lifeboat and if you are sitting down looking straight out you can see just fine. I'll let you know when we get back.

• 2 months later...
Hi we are going on the Legend in Oct. and staying in5181 in the obstucted view. the way it was explained is if you are standing up looking down you see the lifeboat and if you are sitting down looking straight out you can see just fine. I'll let you know when we get back.

168091617BLOFsB_th.jpg

Has anyone stayed in 5245?

is a handi capped cabin

there is no sofa- everything sits low for a wheel chair person. bathroom is huge.

If you dont need it it could be taken from you and move you to another cabin- not cnecessarily an upgrade.

But if truely needed== the cabin on the other side is soo much bigger for the same amount of money

• 4 months later...

We are booked in 5190 on the legend for june 2011. We went to youtube and tiped in legend 5190. ther was a video that showed the balcony and the life boat. Room 5190 is on the opisite side of the ship from 5191. Hope this helps you out.:)

We are booked in 5190 on the legend for june 2011. We went to youtube and tiped in legend 5190. ther was a video that showed the balcony and the life boat. Room 5190 is on the opisite side of the ship from 5191. Hope this helps you out.:)

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

Archived