Seishin fee & Stars Supper Club menu/music

WesW

fyi, just got the answers to Seishee rsvn fee amount, and type

of menu in Stars Supper club below from Anita Dunham-Potter,

The Expert Cruiser:

a. Reservation fee amount for Seishin specialty restaurant.

* Degustation Menu at $40.00 pp

* Degustation Menu with Sake pairing at $80.00 pp

b. Menu type/selection, music to be played at Stars Supper club.

* Menu still being finalized, but will be light courses, Tapas style. Music will be geared towards Jazz.

Lord, surely hope not..believe the majority of us do not like the rsvn fees for

LC, and Seishin (altho those listed above..seem reasonable to me). Altho, the

fee for LC has not prevented us from enjoying the degustation menu before..and we plan to try it at least once on the maiden crossing. Currently, on the SS website and in Voyage atlas, Supper Club there is no mention of rsvn fee for the Supper Club. I bet the supper club will be a popular spot, believe u need reservations like (LT).

Lord, surely hope not..believe the majority of us do not like the rsvn fees for

LC, and Seishin (altho those listed above..seem reasonable to me). Altho, the

fee for LC has not prevented us from enjoying the degustation menu before..and we plan to try it at least once on the maiden crossing. Currently, on the SS website and in Voyage atlas, Supper Club there is no mention of rsvn fee for the Supper Club. I bet the supper club will be a popular spot, believe u need reservations like (LT).

Yes Wes,many a great meal at LC with excellent wines.

I can see bribery involving the Maitre'D and me.

I think we'll stick with the Restaurant and La Terrazza; We're not jazz fans. Was hoping they might have dancing there on occasion, but I guess not. Would have been a nice place to have a pleasant and relaxing supper club dining experience with a few friends. Hopefully, they'll rethink things as time goes on. I'll reserve judgment until we see the real thing.

I understood there was to be no fee for Stars. And I had anticipated it would be more of a tapas place than a regular menu dinner type restaurant. They had to make it different somehow. If they wind up charging for Stars they will really have to eliminate their "all inclusive" marketing program. As it is with charges for LC and Seishin it's cutting it very close.

Wes; You might want to put the wording SS gave you and that was in the e-mail you sent me here if it's not too much trouble. Sounds more like what we would expect from SS. Tappas and jazz just doesn't do it for us. What they sent you sounds great!

Doug, sure..here is Silversea's reply to our menu/music? in the supper club:

Thank you for your e-mail!

There will not be a set menu, tapas or buffet. Guests will have a choice of hot/cold appetizers, choice of entree (most likely meat or fish), and choice of dessert. If guests wish to come to the Supper Club just for dessert, that is permitted. Dishes are crockery sensitive and will be complimented by the style of crockery.

The menus are not available yet.

Music will be a mixture of contemporary and old favorites allowing guests opportunities for dancing while dining.

Best Regards

Information Desk at Silversea

<Informationdesk@silverseacruises.com>

I understood there was to be no fee for Stars. And I had anticipated it would be more of a tapas place than a regular menu dinner type restaurant. They had to make it different somehow. If they wind up charging for Stars they will really have to eliminate their "all inclusive" marketing program. As it is with charges for LC and Seishin it's cutting it very close.

Informed by SS res staff that advance fees for LC is $150 pp, OB $200 pp. Wine pairing with dinner.

Will there be advance fees for Seishin as well? I don't know how anyone else feels but having two separate fees seems unfair. Especially to those people who are not as computer literate and don't spend half their days online. Why should they have to pay $100 more per couple to dine at LC?

Latest information (in Sept) I rcvd from The Expert Cruiser who asked SS VP Ops (Christian

Saleau) when online specialty restaurants would be up was in early 2010. Also

did not find an operational link on "myvoyage" for a discount for early rsvns in LC.

btw..Craig, see you finally included your star review of this month's Silver Wind

cruise (in your CC signature block)..your first three star review for a Silversea voyage (vs your other five/six star+SS reviews)..sure hope

we find at least a five star experience on the Spirit. Also, have u got your maiden voyage cruise

Docs yet, anything unique about the maiden silver box docs? Do hope like DebbieH103 mentioned

to me that SS does something special for the maiden voyage (Barcelona to Lisbon) cruisers.

Archived