Quick question from a 1st time cruiser

dual

Hello everyone,

Im already aware that I can get my evening frocks ironed by the ships laundry. I board on Sunday (LOS).

Do I go to guest relations to organise this or is there a number I call from my cabin to ask them to collect them? (Im guessing there will be some sort of directory of numbers in the cabin??)

Also, should I do this as soon as I unpack - how quick do they return the items - I may need a frock ironed for the first evening?

Many thanks

In your room (usually in the closet) there will be a slip to fill out, and attach your clothes to. Leave it in your room, and your cabin attendant will handle the rest.

You may not get your luggage till 6 or later, so you won't have time to get it taken care of the first night. If you do send it out the first night, they will be delivered to your room the next day at some point. We shipped ours out around 8pm and had it in our room when we got back from port around 2pm.

I've always received my cleaning or pressing back within 24 hours, and sometimes less. Just leave the item in the bag (it will be hanging in your closet) on your bed and the stateroom attendant will take care of it for you. You'll need to mark which service you want (cleaning, laundry, pressing only).

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the info.

Umm...may take out a frock and shoes before I leave for the pier and put it in my hand luggage as a safe guard. Problem is it will already by creased as its all packed in the case..I'll see if the hotel Im staying at overnight has an iron.

If not.....I'll look like I picked it up in a jumble sale! :o

Thanks for the info.

Umm...may take out a frock and shoes before I leave for the pier and put it in my hand luggage as a safe guard. Problem is it will already by creased as its all packed in the case..I'll see if the hotel Im staying at overnight has an iron.

If not.....I'll look like I picked it up in a jumble sale! :o

so will everyone else....have a great time!!!

You can 1. bring Downey Wrinkle Release, which people on these boards love (or make your own for much cheaper...the recipe is online...I THINK it's just water and fabric softener) or you can 2. Hang your dress in the bathroom and turn the shower on hot. When it gets steamy in there, go into the bathroom and run your hands down the dress (or frock as you like to say, lol) a bunch of times and you'll pull the wrinkles out.

Or just don't wear a dress that first night because it's casual and no one will care.

OR don't pack clothes that wrinkle so badly and so easily! :)

Enjoy your cruise. I love the Liberty.

The 1st evening, you can wear whatever you want...lots of folks don't get their luggage in time to "change" for dinner. It's VERY casual on the 1st evening.

I try to wear something that is dining-room appropriate, in case my bags don't arrive in time. We get on the ship early, and I don't want to lug lots of carry-on stuff around with me for hours!

Archived