Breakfast/Lunch Dining Room Seating

gsutter

Yes they will seat you alone and PLEASE ask to sit alone if you don't want to sit with others. It doesn't exactly feel good to be seated at a table with others, then have the others get up and leave once you sit down. Also ... if I'm sitting with people, I'm going to talk with them as it is more uncomfortable to just stare at each other and say nothing.

We are new to RCCL. I have read about being seated with others in the dining room at breakfast/lunch. My DH is not very social with those he doesnt know! Will they seat you alone if you ask?

If you eat in the dining room instead of the Windjammer for breakfast and/or lunch you can ask for a table for 2. For dinner simply pick your preference of dining times and then email and ask for a table for 2. As soon as you get onboard go to the dining room and check to see what type of table you are assigned -- the table number will be printed on your seapass. If you did not receive your requested table for 2 get in line to speak with the head waiter and he will do his/her best to accomdate you even if it means moving some table around.

My wife and I cruise by ourselves most of the time and prefer a table for two. Our request has always been accomodated with a smile and no problems at all.

We are new to RCCL. I have read about being seated with others in the dining room at breakfast/lunch. My DH is not very social with those he doesnt know! Will they seat you alone if you ask?

I used to feel this way,I felt uncomfortable eating with strangers,but I can tell you I have met some great people from all parts of the world and I am now happy for the experience.

I do not want to sit with others before my morning coffee and if anyone is subjected to it, they probably would avoid me the rest of the cruise.

My husband knows what I'm like in the morning and deals well with it. We just ask politely to be seated at a table for 2, no worries. I cannot handle happy people in the morning, I envy them they can be so full of life, but don't seat me with them.

Lunch...no problem :)

If you talk to someone, you get to know them....and then, you're no longer "strangers"!!! Amazing how that happens!

Sure... and there are other ways to talk to someone and get to know them rather than during a meal. If you are comfortable dining with others go for it. Some people find it an unpleasant experience and have no interest in getting to know a stranger during a meal. Luckily they have options.

Sure you can ask for a table for 2, but you may have a short wait for someone to finish if all the deuces are occupied - just depends how busy the dining room is when you arrive. I fully understand the wish to sit with just the two of you; where else are you asked if you will share a table with others? certainly not in the best restaurants or even the franchises like Burger King or McDonalds.:)

I do not want to sit with others before my morning coffee and if anyone is subjected to it, they probably would avoid me the rest of the cruise.

My husband knows what I'm like in the morning and deals well with it. We just ask politely to be seated at a table for 2, no worries. I cannot handle happy people in the morning, I envy them they can be so full of life, but don't seat me with them.

I can so reciprocate the sentiments here.

Another point on sharing a large table for breakfast is that I've had to wait on occasion whilst all the orders are taken to be served. And when you're Little Miss Grumpy first thing that's not something to subject fellow passengers let alone the wait staff too!!!

Not a problem asking for a table for 2 in the MDR for breakfast, just make sure you ask before they lead you off towards a table. You may have to wait, but we never waited more than a couple of minutes.

Defintely check your MDR table assignment after you board. We had linked reservations with another couple (cabin neighbours) but both of our parties had been assigned tables for 2! A word with the maitre d got it sorted and we got a table for 4 on a better level of the MDR and next to the window! So the opposite goes if you want a table just for the 2 of you.

It's all done with a smile by the staff who are eager to please in my experience.

While I absolutely LOVE sitting at a big table and socializing at dinner, I do not like sitting with strangers in the morning. We have asked to sit alone on all of our cruises at breakfast and I swear to you they take us to an emtpy table and before you know it a different wait staff person is bringing others to our table too.grrrrr... On my next cruise, I will not ask to sit alone, I will ask for a table for 2. LOL...guess I was just wording it wrong.

That is how I feel in the morning as well!

I also will add that I have asked to sit by myself and been taken to a table for 4, then they turn over the glass by the empty seats. Must be a signal not to put anyone else there.

I am one of those who is grumpy in the morning and I would not want anyone to have to endure that. Please do not try to convince me that it is fun eating with strangers.

I can understand that some people really DO NOT want to sit with people they do not know, but is that more out of shyness or something else?

If you are just nervous about it and not completely opposed, why not try it? My DH and I have only been on one cruise before and we had requested a table for 2 at dinner and were very surprised to be seated with another couple. They turned out to be a lovely couple, old enough to be our parents mind you, from Norway and we had a great time speaking with them and learning about their lives, as did they about ours.

If it had turned out differently (come to think of it there was a table for 2 next to us with a rude obnoxious old couple at it who we would not have enjoyed at all - we could hear them berating the wait staff and the food constantly) we probably would have asked to move, but lucky for us it was a good experience.

We are cruising in the spring with our children, my parents, and hopefully my sister and a friend, so we will hopefully get a table for 8, but if there were a couple or another family assigned to a table with us (not sure what size the biggest tables are), we would be ok to give it a go I think.

I am not shy and I am not nervous, I just do not talk first thing in the morning so I prefer to be by myself or with whomever I am traveling with because of course they know this about me. I like to vegetate siliently with a cup of coffee.

However I always prefer to sit at a large table at dinner with strangers.

I believe the OP was asking about breakfast and lunch specifically.

Archived