Navigator Questions.....

hopebh

My DH are booked on the 6/4//05 Eastern Cruise and we have a couple of questions. We've been on several cruises in the last year, but this is our first "Big" ship, so we are so excited!!

My DH is a big pool fan. I heard that some of the ships in this class has self leveling pool tables, is there a pool table on this ship? How many Did they go through customs anytime during the cruise, and if so, how well was the process handled? Do they have karaoke a couple times during the cruise or everynight? (We are huge fans and this is the one thing that we missed on our RC cruise..)

Thanks in Advance

Hope

For the eastern and western Caribbean cruise, no real customs check until return.....but if I may so bold, why do you ask? Do you have something in mind where that would be a problem? If you do there may be other issues besides customs.

Karaoke was on several nights with prizes.

On our cruise in December the day we reached Key West it was requested that everyone show themselves to a custom officer. My understanding was that bceause we came from a foriegn country into the US, it was a new law or something. I didn't inquire too much because on the Majesty, it was handled very well and was only a minor pain. They called us down by our floors and it was a very simple process. Recently, I have been reading a lot of these boards and have read that the process has been an ugly ordeal on Princess and Carnival where some people were standing in line for up to 2 hours. I just wanted to mentally prepare myself.

Both my DH and I have passport.

No, no self-leveling pool tables on the Navigator. Karaoke Idol Search was adult only and held in the Ixtapa Lounge on day 3 at 11 p.m. with finals on day 5 at 11:30 p.m. Check your Cruise Compass as it may differ from what we had in Oct./Nov.

The self leveling pool tables are only on the RADIANCE class ships, there are none on the Voyager class ships.

You only go through Customs when you return to the US and disembark... If your cruise stops in a foreign port before going to US port (for example St. Thomas after going to St. Maarten) then you have to go through a US IMMIGRATION check which involves waiting in an insanely long line, then walking through the dining room to have an official look at your passport.

Navigator's Eastern itinerary has recently changed so that the first two ports are US ports, followed by two foreign ports, therefore you won't go through any Customs and Immigration checks until you return to Miami.

My DH are booked on the 6/4//05 Eastern Cruise and we have a couple of questions. We've been on several cruises in the last year, but this is our first "Big" ship, so we are so excited!!

My DH is a big pool fan. I heard that some of the ships in this class has self leveling pool tables, is there a pool table on this ship? How many Did they go through customs anytime during the cruise, and if so, how well was the process handled? Do they have karaoke a couple times during the cruise or everynight? (We are huge fans and this is the one thing that we missed on our RC cruise..)

Thanks in Advance

Hope

Hi Hope, my DW and I are booked on the same cruise as you!

Hi Hope, my DW and I are booked on the same cruise as you!

Finally, I was wondering if we were the only ones from cc going!! Did you sign up for the M & M? If you see that there are only two other people going, it's us....:)

The self leveling pool tables are only on the RADIANCE class ships, there are none on the Voyager class ships.

You only go through Customs when you return to the US and disembark... If your cruise stops in a foreign port before going to US port (for example St. Thomas after going to St. Maarten) then you have to go through a US IMMIGRATION check which involves waiting in an insanely long line, then walking through the dining room to have an official look at your passport.

Navigator's Eastern itinerary has recently changed so that the first two ports are US ports, followed by two foreign ports, therefore you won't go through any Customs and Immigration checks until you return to Miami.

Thanks Trent, that's exactly what I was curious about. I could see that the customs process could be very ugly. Although I am bummed about not having a pool table on board, I am estatic that I don't have to wake up early to go through customs!!!

Archived