room service, tipping, and the JS

hibiscus27

hello CC

DISCLAIMER -- first let me say that i did a search prior to posting this question and didn't find my answer. --

i saw that there is a 3.95 charge for room service from midnight to 5 am... but outside those times, is gratuity already included in the charge or is it like a hotel where we're expected to fork out cash to tip the "room service guy"?

also... i read in a few threads that the suites have a different room service menu... is that the case in a JS?

thanks in advance....

(we're leaving on our first cruise ever in 8 days and i'm trying to see how much cash we need to bring)

The gratuity is not including during the hours of 5:30AM to midnight. You should be prepared to tip the server a few bucks.

JS are not included in the suite perks so you will not get a special RS menu.

Have fun planning!

###

Thanks PhoenixCruiser!!!! :)

hello CC

DISCLAIMER -- first let me say that i did a search prior to posting this question and didn't find my answer. --

i saw that there is a 3.95 charge for room service from midnight to 5 am... but outside those times, is gratuity already included in the charge or is it like a hotel where we're expected to fork out cash to tip the "room service guy"?

also... i read in a few threads that the suites have a different room service menu... is that the case in a JS?

thanks in advance....

(we're leaving on our first cruise ever in 8 days and i'm trying to see how much cash we need to bring)

There is no charge for room service between 5:00 AM and midnight so there would be no gratuity included. There is also no gratuity added from midnight to 5:00 AM. Regardless of the time of day, you should tip room service when they deliver your food.

A JS is not considered a suite in the tipping guidelines. Tip them as you would a "regular" cabin, $3.50 per person per day.

There is no charge for room service between 5:00 AM and midnight so there would be no gratuity included. There is also no gratuity added from midnight to 5:00 AM. Regardless of the time of day, you should tip room service when they deliver your food.

A JS is not considered a suite in the tipping guidelines. Tip them as you would a "regular" cabin, $3.50 per person per day.

Thanks Ken!

My bad - Deep down I knew that room service was "free" ... I wasnt thinking straight when I posted my question :-)

I always order coffee in the morning with maybe a danish and usually tip a couple dollars. I have found that sometimes they act surprised to get a tip. Or maybe they are just surprised at how I look first thing in the morning.

I always order coffee in the morning with maybe a danish and usually tip a couple dollars. I have found that sometimes they act surprised to get a tip. Or maybe they are just surprised at how I look first thing in the morning.

lol

Thanks Marie51

You are expected to tip the room service delivery person when you get your order at any time of day--a couple of bucks is sufficient---after midnight, that $3.95 charge includes the tip, so you don't HAVE to tip additionally then!

thanks cb at sea :)

Archived