The upsell fairy is alive and well!!!!!!

philatiger

What is the charge for an upgrade?

Thanks

According to what I've seen there is no real set charge. There are a lot of variables to what they will charge for one.....like how close to sail date when asking for one, how full the ship is, how much they may need the catagory of the room you want to upgrade from etc. Best thing to do is call to find out.

Upgrades are hit or miss....some get exceptional ones and others do not. Try calling you may get lucky! ;)

Good luck getting them to call NCL to ask for an upsell opportunity. Always better to book direct. Puts you behind the wheel, so to speak.

Congratulations to the OP on a fantastic upsell !!!

The prices for Suites on my cruise fell dramatically last week so I asked my TA for a quote to upgrade from my existing AE to an A3. The cost was too high for me so I gave my TA the upsell number and asked them to make the call. I ended up getting the upgrade for half the price the TA had originally quoted so I was happy.

I should also note that the price I had for my AE through my agent was $1400 less than the same cabin through NCL - so sometimes there is substantial value in NOT booking direct. It really depends what is important to you, saving the money (which can be substantial) or controlling your reservation.

I was lucky this time because I got the best of both worlds but I realise that will not always be the case. But needless to say, I will stick with my current TA because I know she offers a good deal and I know she is willing to call the upsell desk on my behalf.

I realise that I could've got a better deal waiting and hoping for an upsell call but thanks to the advice on this forum I knew to take matters into my own hands and ask for what I really wanted. I was just fortunate that my agent was willing to play the game :).

Good luck getting them to call NCL to ask for an upsell opportunity. Always better to book direct. Puts you behind the wheel, so to speak.

Peter, I'd like to thank you. I took your advice (from lots of reading here) and was pro-active and called myself. Not the best upsell price I've ever heard about here, but I was happy with it....so AA here we come!

Mimi:)

Has anyone ever gotten a 'real' person when calling the 800 number? I've called a few times, but have only gotten a recording. I called M - F during the day. If I leave a message, do you think they will call back?

Yes, I have been able to speak with a wonderful person when I have called. I have never left a message.

Congratulations to the OP on a fantastic upsell !!!

The prices for Suites on my cruise fell dramatically last week so I asked my TA for a quote to upgrade from my existing AE to an A3. The cost was too high for me so I gave my TA the upsell number and asked them to make the call. I ended up getting the upgrade for half the price the TA had originally quoted so I was happy.

I should also note that the price I had for my AE through my agent was $1400 less than the same cabin through NCL - so sometimes there is substantial value in NOT booking direct. It really depends what is important to you, saving the money (which can be substantial) or controlling your reservation.

I was lucky this time because I got the best of both worlds but I realise that will not always be the case. But needless to say, I will stick with my current TA because I know she offers a good deal and I know she is willing to call the upsell desk on my behalf.

I realise that I could've got a better deal waiting and hoping for an upsell call but thanks to the advice on this forum I knew to take matters into my own hands and ask for what I really wanted. I was just fortunate that my agent was willing to play the game :).

Ok, heres the "knucklehead" question. What is the "upsell" number? :confused:

Archived