Majesty diamond events

Having seen several threads lately with inquiries as to diamond event details on various ships, I thought I'd post what I found this past weekend on the Majesty:

First, we never received any note in our cabin with info on the diamond nightly event or breakfast like I thought we would. You may have to ask.

Leaving breakfast in the MDR the last morning we saw a sign about the diamond breakfast. Maybe it was there all along, we just didn't notice it. Didn't try it obviously, so can't comment on whether it was just continental or whether they offered full menu.

Evening Event:

The first 2 nights we ended up in the Schooner bar before dinner, listening to the various piano players, so didn't inquire about the diamond event. The 3rd night we decided to go. We took a guess that it would be in the Viking Crown Lounge, so went up there and it was. There were only 5 or 6 people there. As announced, the wine and champagne were free, cocktails were discounted. As to other specific questions that have come up:

• No food other than some trail mix.
  • Attendant did not ask to see proof of diamond status (or maybe she asked my BF and I missed it).
  • Not limited to one drink; BF had 2 glasses of wine, I had 2 glasses of champagne.
  • Decided to go back downstairs to the Schooner Bar about halfway through my second glass and walked out with it, no problem.

Archived