Thomson: An Unpleasant Destiny

The best thing is to ignore all the reviews your read and make your own opinion. If i had beleived some of the reviews i read before sailing on the Destiny this November i would never had gone. I had the best time ever and would definately go on the destiny again. People and staff and so so friendly which is the main advantage.

I travelled on the last cruise around the med of the season before the destiny was about to head over for your cruise. I was informed that the staff would be cleaning and paint the ship from top to bottom. So she should be nice and clean and shiny for you.

Enjoy yourself you will have a fab time.

Thank you ... only two and a half days to go :D

We did the transatlantic last December and had a great time. Make sure you book the bridge tour, very interesting, and the behind-the-scenes with the entertainment team, both on sea days during the crossing I think. Don't miss the afternoon play either, we did and our friends said it was a treat. Watch out for "Elvis Parsley" aka Ronnie the singing waiter!

If you search "tropical transatlantic" on this forum you'll find several reviews from last year. Given your priorities, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time.

Carol x

Hi Carol, thank you for the info. In the past both my husband and I have missed events by getting side-tracked into other things so this time we're going to take a couple of highlighters with us and highlight what each of us really doesn't want to miss on the daily schedule, so we'll have no excuse for not making the most of our holiday. Oh, I'm getting a bit excited now :D

Hi' date=' reading all the different reviews of Thomson Destiny on different sites is very confusing, but then all the other ships I've looked up prior to booking in the past also seem to have very mixed reviews, and so far, (touch wood) we've enjoyed each cruise we've had. Our opinions are all so different, but since personally we like a clean cabin, a ship with a friendly atmosphere, good food and good entertainment we've decided to give the Destiny the benefit of the doubt and are setting sail this weekend on the Tropical Transatlantic cruise and I can't wait :D[/quote']

Where are you flying from henery's mum? we are on the same holiday leaving sunday from birmingham airport

Hi Ginimad,

I've just found your message so hope you get this before you set off tomorrow.

We're flying from Gatwick at 3.40pm so I expect we'll be about last on the ship. I have also just found your other post when you were asked about baggage weights, and another forum member kindly relayed the info between us. I was asking the question on another site as we have never received our tickets even although according to Thomson they've been posted out twice so I hope they'll be at Gatwick as promised. Other forum members tell me this is a common problem with Thomson so I'm not too worried now. Mind you I wont relax until this time tomorrow once we are on board safely.

Well here's to a good holiday. Maybe we'll bump into each other on board.

Kind regards,

Una and Chris Appleton

Hi Ginimad' date='

I've just found your message so hope you get this before you set off tomorrow.

We're flying from Gatwick at 3.40pm so I expect we'll be about last on the ship. I have also just found your other post when you were asked about baggage weights, and another forum member kindly relayed the info between us. I was asking the question on another site as we have never received our tickets even although according to Thomson they've been posted out twice so I hope they'll be at Gatwick as promised. Other forum members tell me this is a common problem with Thomson so I'm not too worried now. Mind you I wont relax until this time tomorrow once we are on board safely.

Well here's to a good holiday. Maybe we'll bump into each other on board.

Kind regards,

Una and Chris Appleton[/quote']

Hi

Iv only just finished flapping about what I have to do lol, now enjoying a well earned cup of tea :-). Our tickets have been with us for 3 weeks now, hope you have no problems collecting yours tomorrow at the airport. We fly at 10.20am so should arrive before you. Hopefully we will bump into each other on board. This is our first cruise and I have so far found it alot more stressful than going on a land based holiday so am hoping it will be well worth it.

lisa & chris jones

Bon voyage

to you both - and let us know how you got on when you get back. :)

Thank you kruzseeka. Hopefully I'll be able to submit a positive review when we get back but probably not until after Christmas. In the meantime Seasons Greetings from Una aka Henrey's Mum. (Henrey's my dog who went on his hols to the kennels today :))

Archived