Switch form 6366 / 6368 to 1400 / 1402 on FOS??

SATJS

I currently have cabins 6366 and 6368 booked for an upcoming cruise on the Freedom of the seas. These are connecting cabins with the sofa beds as there will be 2 adults and 2 children in one cabin and 2 adults and 2 children in the other cabin. It appears that 1400 and 1402 are available for this cruise and I'm debating whether or not I should try to switch to them. I'm not really concerned that the cabins aren't connecting and am thinking that with 3 and 4 people in the cabins, the extra room would be a benefit, my concern is how much more movement will there be? Myself and my wife have cruised before, but none of the others have ever cruised, and none of us have been an an aft cabin. My other question is, the prices have gone up since we originally booked, will we have to pay the difference since we would be switching from one D1 to a different D1?

Thanks

We love aft cabins, but not everyone does. The balcony is about the same size as the cabin, to give you a better idea of the extra space you would have.

How much more movement? I don't know, it all depends on the ocean. We don't mind the movement, but my BIL did and will not book another aft since we cruised once in aft cabins. If the ship is moving, you will feel it all over the ship, not just aft or a higher deck, I don't know why people think there is such a tremendous difference.

The price shouldn't change by moving to a different cabin, but check with your TA or RCI if you booked direct. We have moved cabin locations in the past with no new charges added.

Take those cabins! You get cabins that are actually larger than regular D1 cabins and the huge balcony. Also, these balconies are covered so there is no problem with soot as there can be on the lower aft decks that are not completely covered. You should have no problem changing from D1 to D1. I've never noticed any more motion aft than elsewhere. These really big ships handle the seas very well.

Looking at some pictures, it looks like the balcony on 1400, which is on the corner, has a somewhat obstructed view. Has anyone been in this cabin? Is the view blocked at all?

I have only heard wonderful things about this cabin that is why, 6 months ago I grabbed it. I have never been in the aft but I was once in the very first balcony in the front of the ship and that wasn't a problem so I am hoping it will be ok.

Archived