Post-cruise excursion in Ft.Lauderdale

Rob&Nancy

I know there's a FLL port forum, but I wanted to ask the Celebrity experts here.

We're thinking about doing a post-cruise excursion in Ft.Lauderdale (it looks like we may not be able to get a flight early in the day), but wondered how luggage is handled.

Do we have to collect it from the luggage "warehouse" and take it with us to the excursion bus, or is that taken care of for us? If anyone has done a post-cruise with Celebrity, I would appreciate the help!

Thank you!

I know there's a FLL port forum, but I wanted to ask the Celebrity experts here.

We're thinking about doing a post-cruise excursion in Ft.Lauderdale (it looks like we may not be able to get a flight early in the day), but wondered how luggage is handled.

Do we have to collect it from the luggage "warehouse" and take it with us to the excursion bus, or is that taken care of for us? If anyone has done a post-cruise with Celebrity, I would appreciate the help!

Thank you!

You pick it up and take it to the bus and they will then usually drop you at the airport...

I just did this a week ago getting off the Equinox transatlantic. They give you special tags for your bags with your airport (FLL) marked on them. We also had folks going to Miami on our excursion so they had that on their tags. You hand in your bags just like regular the night before and pick them up in the terminal just as you normally do. You'll have an excursion sticker on your shirt and they will point you to your bus, ask you your airline and tell you what terminal you will get off at. At the bus the driver will confirm your airport and load your luggage into the belly of the bus where it will stay for the entire excursion. You can take your hand luggage on the bus if you like. I took my carry-on with me on the bus.

Through out the excursion your luggage stays on the bus, even when you go on the boat. At the end of the excursion they drop you off at the terminal with your luggage. Unfortunately they drop you at a point where it is a fair trek to the actual check-in counters but this is likely the place for buses. For us there were no porters in sight so you may want to be prepared to pack it back to the check-in counters.

Have fun on your excursion! I really enjoyed being out in the fresh air before my flight instead of waiting at the airport.

Cheers!

Michelle

Archived