Casablanca valley wine tours Chile

bradshore13

If your heading to either the Valparaiso sea port or the Santiago airport, don´t forget that you have the the casablanca wine valley on your way.

Alot of people are not aware of this and take transfers straight through without stopping to sample the great wine and restaurants that ara on offer in this lovely valley.

Mainly white wine, since its a cool valley like coastal parts of Napa. Great Sauvignon blanc. They still do reds with grapes they buy in from warmer valleys.

The vineyards to visit are;

Emiliana organic winery

Indomita

Casas del Bosque

William Cole

Viña Mar

Catrala

Morande

I you like food and wine the valley is great for eating Chilean gourmet cuisine, which can be had at;

Indomita

Casas del Bosque

Viña Mar

Macerado

Morande (wine and food pairing lunch, fantastic!)

You can get transport from;

The german pirate

The van man

Michael at winetoursvalparaiso who we went with and is a sommelier michael@winetoursvalparaiso.cl

Turistour

enotour

I had a great time in the valley and i hope you all do to

Have fun

Bradshore

If your heading to either the Valparaiso sea port or the Santiago airport, don´t forget that you have the the casablanca wine valley on your way.

Alot of people are not aware of this and take transfers straight through without stopping to sample the great wine and restaurants that ara on offer in this lovely valley.

Mainly white wine, since its a cool valley like coastal parts of Napa. Great Sauvignon blanc. They still do reds with grapes they buy in from warmer valleys.

The vineyards to visit are;

Emiliana organic winery

Indomita

Casas del Bosque

William Cole

Viña Mar

Catrala

Morande

I you like food and wine the valley is great for eating Chilean gourmet cuisine, which can be had at;

Indomita

Casas del Bosque

Viña Mar

Macerado

Morande (wine and food pairing lunch, fantastic!)

You can get transport from;

The german pirate

The van man

Michael at winetoursvalparaiso who we went with and is a sommelier michael@winetoursvalparaiso.cl

Turistour

enotour

I had a great time in the valley and i hope you all do to

Have fun

Bradshore

I agree with what you just posted. We also went with Michael and had a fantastic time the food and wine paring was excellent, the best meal i have had in years.

I was wondering if it would make sense to rent a car in Valparaiso. We disembark on the Star Princess on March 2 and have hotel reservations in Vine de Mar that night. The idea is on the 2nd tour Vine de Mar and Valparaiso. On the 3rd we thought we would drive to several wine areas at our leisure and explore these areas on our own, ending up in Santiago on the 3rd. We have a hotel in Santiago the night of the 3rd. On the 4th we would tour Santiago ...we have a 10pm flight out that night. Instead of taking tours, has anyone attempted to do this on their own? We are from California so we are comfortable driving. Any suggestions or advice?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I tried assiting some crew signing off a ship last year who wanted to do the same. It made perfect sense...except..Santiago is close to 2 hours away and the car rentals wanted the car returned to the original rental location. well they said you could do what you wished but when I pushed, finally they admitted the price included a driver and transport to return the car to the original rental location.

so...rent a car for the day or two, return back to your vina location and deposit the car. then take a transfer and or drop the family with the local TURBUS.cl location and all take a beautiful new bus ride into santiago at only $7 a person. garb a cab in santiago to your hotel and you are good to go.

sadly even the larger chains do not seem to be as closely melded as their european or Stateside counterparts in terms of shareware.

at the end of the day, hoenstly, a winery tour and shuttle to santiago combined is actually a bargain if not easier on the nerves.

If we had rented a car we would have spent most of our time lost and also to drunk to drive.

Getting a good guide with a flexible and personal touch is value for money, someone who knows where they are going and can drive when you are over the limit and lets you relax.

What I found in this forums, the only rental car that allows one way rentals is http://www.rosselot.cl/

I am going to rent a car because I like the freedom to do what I want and not being to stressed about the time it leaves and all that. And also because I love to drive along nice scenery. And an advantage is that the language over there is not going to be a problem for me because I speak spanish. Oh, and my brother already have the GPS maps of all of that region!

About the traffic... being all my life in Mexico City with over 20million people, I think anything is going to be easy haha.

We'll be in Santiago a few days before boarding a ship in Valparaiso. We're considering renting a car for the day, going to the wineries, then returning to Santiago. What are the roads like? Do they drive on the same side as in the U.S.? Would appreciate any recommendations for rental companies?

We'll be in Santiago a few days before boarding a ship in Valparaiso. We're considering renting a car for the day, going to the wineries, then returning to Santiago. What are the roads like? Do they drive on the same side as in the U.S.? Would appreciate any recommendations for rental companies?

If you can drive between Fresno and Modesto, you will have no problems driving to the wineries. Look about the same, too. Between Santiago and Valpariaso is mostly freeway that is a TOLL road. That's an oxymoron, but you know what I mean. Don't forget the Chilean pesos-it is a REAL hassle to change USD on the toll road. There's even a Mickey D's in the service plaza on the toll road.

Roads are very decent-better than in a lot of California once you get off the freeways. You should have NO problems. Traffic is heavy IN Santiago. NOT bad in the countryside.

If you are returning the car to the airport or in downtown Santiago, all the major suspects will rent you a RT rental-Avis, Hertz, etc. etc. Rosselot (which is a Chilean car dealer that just happens to rent cars) is the only one I know that will do a one way rental to/from Santiago to Valpo/Vina. Enjoy!!!

Archived