NCL Officially Announces Cancellation of Dawn's 11/29 Cruise

njhorseman

You will not lose your cruise rewards. They will be transferred to another booking. When incidents outside of NCL's control happen, they will honor those points by extending the deadline. Just be sure to get everything in writing.

Just an update. I called back, had to wait on hold for a bit (first call was at 9:00:01 and I didn't have to wait long). Was able to rebook for the 9-night. Was able to use the Compass Rewards (NCL credit card), but not the $250 deposit (cruise rewards, it was from booking on a previous cruise). Supposedly that'll get taken care of sometime this week, it'll probably necessitate another call.

I'll worry about any compensation for having to make alternate plans later. Right now we're staying in Orlando and spending a couple days at Disney. We're salvaging our vacation best we can, we'll deal with the rest afterward. So, we're enjoying the great weather in Orlando, and are looking forward to the 9-day cruise this Friday on the Dawn. Hopefully my next posting won't be about us being adrift :)

Just an update. I called back, had to wait on hold for a bit (first call was at 9:00:01 and I didn't have to wait long). Was able to rebook for the 9-night. Was able to use the Compass Rewards (NCL credit card), but not the $250 deposit (cruise rewards, it was from booking on a previous cruise). Supposedly that'll get taken care of sometime this week, it'll probably necessitate another call.

I'll worry about any compensation for having to make alternate plans later. Right now we're staying in Orlando and spending a couple days at Disney. We're salvaging our vacation best we can, we'll deal with the rest afterward. So, we're enjoying the great weather in Orlando, and are looking forward to the 9-day cruise this Friday on the Dawn. Hopefully my next posting won't be about us being adrift :)

Glad to hear that you are now on the Dawn this weekend, come join our roll call circuitrider!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=896883

Good morning PE - interesting reading after a couple too many beers last night.

How does/would NCL handle those passengers like myself who don't fly - kinda hard to get from San Juan to Miami by train. That would be my biggest stress if this were to happen on a cruise that I am on.

Cheers

Dennis

Obviously the people who are making wise-cracks about your not flying have never experienced a real-life phobia. I feel your pain, as I have actually cancelled vacations and walked out of airports due to my fear of flying. It really does mess up a lot of wonderful travel opportunities. I have found, however, that Lorazapam works wonders - I start several days before the flight so I don't back out early, then continue with the strongest doses my Doctor will allow directly before and during. Make sure someone else is driving you to and from the airports, however. Good Luck!

Archived