Pregnant....fit to travel letter?

sherry7

The hubby and I are taking a cruise on Royal Caribbean this January. I will be 22 1/2 weeks pregnant by the end of the cruise...so well within the guideline of 24 weeks.

I read the guidelines on the RCCL website, and it says:

"A physician's "Fit to Travel" note is required prior to sailing, stating how far along (in weeks) your pregnancy will be at the beginning of the cruise and confirming that you are in good health and not experiencing a high-risk pregnancy."

Although I love my OB, the lady at his office that does this type of paperwork is a bit of a goof. :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind giving her an acceptable example of a letter that she can go off. Does anyone have a rough draft of this type of letter?

Thanks! :)

My doctor looked at me strange when I requested this, but 2 minutes later she came back with a really simple letter on official letterhead no problem.

BTW, no one at the cruise line EVER asked for a letter or if I was pregnant or anything, even though I did follow all of their rules and sent it ahead of time, had it on me, etc.

I actually have a dear friend, she was one of my bridesmaids. When we checked in for a girls cruise together, the lady asked me if she was preggie, and I shook my head no. Thankfully my friend didn't hear her question. I never told my pal about the reservation agent's question.

Some women are built like that. They look preggie even if they aren't. I, on the other hand, am really heavy, and was at least 7m preggie with James before I looked rounder than normal.

Now that I think about it, my friend's daughter wasn't asked for a letter when we boarded the Monarch one weekend. Carolyn was 90 lbs and was 4m preggie. She looked like she was smuggling basketballs, and didn't have to present a letter at checkin.

But its better to be safe than sorry. I say have the letter anyhow. But yeah, I don't think they'll ask you if you're expecting or just fluffy.

Archived