Bodrum Turkey gulet cruise

catskier

We Will be on the Odessey this October. Stopping in Bodrum. I Have done a search on this thread about this topic with my questions not answered.

What I want to know is: I know Seabourn has a excursion for 99$/pp for a 1/2 day cruise on a gulet. It limits the guests. Sounds really nice. But I have heard of people just walking off the ship and renting a gulet for the day on there own. I just want to here from people who have done both. Do not want to spend much more then 300$ for this due to other private tours I have booked.

I like the idea of really private gulet, just the 2 of us enjoying the views. But also like the planned excursion. My s.o is a bit up tight while taveling, does not like suprises, so if it is difficult to rent a boat on own may not be our best choice. Just looking for people who have down both and how they felt about their expirience.

Hi,

You cannot just walk off the ship to hire a gulet, there is a 10 minute shuttle to town before being dropped off in the main square and then the gulets are only a short walk from there. There are plenty to choose from and it is possible to bargain especially since you will be there at the end of the"season". 6 of us made our arrangements, took the shuttle back (they run quite frequently), grabbed some wine etc and returned to spend a very pleasant afternoon. Don't forget your bathers since the water is crystal clear.

J

We Will be on the Odessey this October. Stopping in Bodrum. I Have done a search on this thread about this topic with my questions not answered. What I want to know is: I know Seabourn has a excursion for 99$/pp for a 1/2 day cruise on a gulet. It limits the guests. Sounds really nice. But I have heard of people just walking off the ship and renting a gulet for the day on there own. I just want to here from people who have done both. Do not want to spend much more then 300$ for this due to other private tours I have booked.

I like the idea of really private gulet, just the 2 of us enjoying the views. But also like the planned excursion. My s.o is a bit up tight while taveling, does not like suprises, so if it is difficult to rent a boat on own may not be our best choice. Just looking for people who have down both and how they felt about their expirience.

Given the cost and the other questions raised by the posters, you have some "factors" to consider. We visited Bodrum on the Seabourn Spirit in June 2006. Loved this port and the whole Turkish Coast. We did not do the trip on those small boats, but there are many other great options in this port. Below are some visual examples of why it is so interesting and charming. The St. John Castle is well worth seeing with lots of interesting garden, historic items, etc. options. This castle is a very interesting place with many nice views.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

BodrumCastle.jpg

CastleShip.jpg

Harbor.jpg

MainCityView.jpg

MintTower.jpg

Ruins.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, hope I will be forgiven for this intrusion but not only am I new to this way of communicating I am new to computing. My husband and I are thinking of taking a hol in May/June on a gulet with Blue Cruise can anyone out there give me a review or tell me where to look. Many thanks from a novice

Exbloomer - You might also have a look at the "Other Mediterranean Ports" board which is also part of Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234

That forum includes ports in Turkey and may have something of interest to you. It is searchable using the "Search this Forum" function in the upper right corner of the list of posts. Have fun learning to play on Cruise Critic.

Archived