Returning to Pier to pick up rest of party

kscruiser

Taking the advice of the many posters and we are renting a car in most of the ports. We have 7 people in our party and have arranged for a van at each port. My question is; Is is easy to return to the pier to pick up the rest of the party. I see no reason for 7 of us to get on the shuttle to go pick up the van since one or two would be adequate. But if it would be a hassle and no easy place to meet for pick up then we might be better off all going to the rental agency.

We just returned from Hawaii and rented a car at each location. I see no reason that there would be a problem with picking up the rest of your party at the pier. Those shuttle buses get very full and I am sure that they would appreciate that you did not fill them up.

Two things: In most cases, you will not be allowed to have your whole group on the shuttle anyway because there are so many people going to pick up rentals. It's easy enough to drive back to the pier to pick up everyone, but make sure they are waiting outside the secure area because you will not be allowed to drive right up to the dock (as it were). In most ports, it's less than 10 minutes to drive back from the rental locations.

beachchick

Is there a place designated for people to wait for their pick outside the secure areas? I'm not wanting to become part of a traffic jam and hoping it is away from the shore excursion areas.

It will be simple to find them, just have them meet you outside the securty gates of the port. Tell them to keep walking until they go through.

Archived