Dream Review - 11/15/09

booklady26

Thanks for your review, interestingly enough you mention some of the same comments that I have had on my past two cruises on different ships.

Female lead singer on the Splendor and the Pride were awful, they have a singing style that I just don't get??? Both were difficult to understand so it just seems to be a style that Carnival seems to like for whatever reason.

As for the activities I too thought our Pride sailing was a bit lacking in activities, we participated in quite a few trivia games, lol. But we still had an enjoyable and relaxing vacation. We found more to do in the evenings than during the day.

I am looking forward to the same on the Dream, but I also realize going in that it will be a much more crowded ship based upon the time of year we have chosen to sail.

I enjoyed your review, thank you.

Could you tell me the hours the thalasso pool? We keep talking about getting a spa pass, but if the hours don't work for us, then we probably won't.

Your review is great, seems pretty balanced and truthful - very appreciated! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Thanks for the review. Most of the reviews I have read say about the same things. I love Mongolian BBQ but I probably won't get to try it as I don't want to stand in line for half an hour or so.

I am hoping that with the ship hitting it's home port this weekend, things will come together and that the service will improve. We have sailed on Glory a few times and loved that ship and we are hoping that Dream will be at least as good.

Thanks againl.

Maam, thanks for your review!:cool:

As a native Garden Stater.

I as well like where passenger cruising as well ship scheduling started. (( NJ/NYC, NY )) Our countries gift from France in New Jersey says it all..eh..

Being as well on the Carnival CCL/CUK : NYSE/LSE DREAM 11/5/2009 A.D. to 11/23/2009 A.D. We as well noticed many things as well what you wrote about.

NYC,NY is not a new Carnival Port..they know the specs. as well measurements etc.. having only two staffers boarding hundreds of Wheel Chair passengers is not done well... the other passengers where given other excuses too...They Rated a F here ( Utter FAILURE)

In 2009 A.D. alone Carnival has had over 750,000 PAYING cruise passengers from NYC, NY...

The solution is / should be easy .... ( HIRE a working HotMan which gets there job done and well !) but there blaming using the LAME ExCUSEs ... NEW or others is really unexceptable..as this is there Business and what they get Paid for by us cruisers to do..eh...

We had a few Highly-OverPriced VISTA Deck Balconies ( Deck Niner a-Midships )

Yes weall call it the 24/HR Bowling Alley Deck now.

Whomever planned this Ship was not an American. Look at the Public WC's ( Water Closets ) . This ship ( DREAM fits only Liliputians in them well..eh..)

Who's responsibility where the buck-o-Roo starts and stops is?

It is ....The Hotel Manager AKA: HotMan. is the second in Command aboard the ships under the Master ( Captain ). Carnival has been doing Cruising for decades now... we have as well . This is not an UnPaid voyage for any Staff/Crew on the ship.

Service as well attitude in all departments and areas was in one word..

ABYSMAL!

IMHO he should be given notice and/or terminated ASAP.

We have been on a lot of New Ships and to many Ports of Call. This was one of the worst run voyages ever to us.

I guess the people in Miami, FL thought it would/may run itself without doing prior planning and/or the homework on specs and flow rates eh....

Even on our balcony cabins aforementioned the lights were never turned on but a few minutes in PORT..so we could not even read our own books ( the library has a very scant collection ) nor do any LapTop work outside as we always do aboard ships.

Lines were everywhere and all times.. even in the 24/HR Pizza why have only one fellow there and serving one PIE ( PIZZA) at a time.. when 25 people are in line..((?))

Why have only an opening of 1 1/2 hours - 2 1/2 hours for the so called NEW and acclaimed well eating areas... (((?))) Well I guess just to look at them ...huh... WoW...

I did like the SHIP but I have one word for this trip ::

Bottom Line:

______________________________________________XXX

LACKING!:mad::mad:

PS: What happened to the Celebration in Florida for this new Home Port and Ship? Only Freeport, Bahamas had anything done...:mad:

Reviews such as this, objective and informative, are rare when the cruiser is writing about some of the issues which you encountered. Thank you for your upbeat objectivity! We'll be on the Dream in February, and the info is greatly appreciated.

I enjoyed your review, thank you.

Could you tell me the hours the thalasso pool? We keep talking about getting a spa pass, but if the hours don't work for us, then we probably won't.

Your review is great, seems pretty balanced and truthful - very appreciated! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Balcony - The entier thermal suite including the thallasso was open from 8:00AM to 10:00PM.

I'm glad you all enjoyed my review.

For anyone sailing on the Dream in the future, I'm sure you'll have a great time. I just think the expectations of this ship were so high and it fell short in in some areas.

If they can kick some butt and improve the service, that alone will make for a better cruise experience. That's the easiest thing they can do.

I don't know what can be done about the Lido. It just can't handle the people. I keep thinking back to ships like the Crown & Caribbean Princess. While those ships are smaller, they both have a passenger capacity of well over 3,000. Their buffet areas work so much better.

Thanks so much for the great review. We are doing B2B's in a spa stateroom in Jan. I'll be sure to pack extra sunscreen. We are really excited about the spa and thalostheraphy pool. ( We cancelled a Celebrity cruise so we could take advantage of the T-pool).

Thanks again for your unbiased review.

I am just mystified to know what happened (fell apart) beginning apparently in the NY CTN or maybe the TA.

How in the world could everything be so nice and work so well during our Med cruise and then fall apart, especially once it got to NYC??????

We truly had no complaints and WE WERE ON THE SHAKEDOWN CRUISE! The smoke machine didn't work so well during the laser light show (meh). It was hard to get a spot on the Serenity deck (no big deal). I never waited behind more than 2 people for pizza or a water slide and never waited for a deck chair. Long buffet lines inside just made me decide to wait 1/2 hour, but that's just me. MDR was top notch and service was spectacular.

What in the world happened?

Archived