Serenade OTS Rooms 1522 & 1524

Geocat

We have these two 10th floor rooms booked for a January cruise. Does anyone know if the rooms have part of the balcony covered by the 11th floor balcony? On the boat drawing it looks like part of the top of the balcony is covered up more than normal? Just wondering if we will still have a good view? Any other comments about these rooms?

I know what you mean - we were concerned about this very thing on the Radiance to Alaska. We were on deck 10 also, and yes, deck 11 does kind of extend beyond your balcony. We did not feel closed in, however. The only way it blocks your view if you wanted to look straight up. You can certainly see out, there is plenty of natural light. And actually, if it's raining heavily (or sideways, as its been know to do in Alaska), the extension is a good thing. That's one of the things we did not like about staying aft on RCCL, the balconies are unprotected - can't sit out if it's raining and your stuff gets wet if you leave it out, like we did.;)

stayed in rooms adjacent to the rooms. there was a overhang but it was not terrible. Rooms are great

I will be on Serenade next September. I have a hump cabin - actually, the cabin is the first cabin of the hump 8586 - please let me know your thoughts about this ship. I love RCI's ships but have not been on a Radiance class ship yet. I hear (read) that they are beautiful ships.

Pictures would be helpful:D

I have been on the Serenade before and I love this ship. I have also been on the Adventure and in MO it's a step up from Adventure. I will take pics of the room. My sister has been on this floor before only she was up toward the front more and she thought the room was wonderful. When we were on the Serenade last time it felt like it wasn't crowded at all. You will love it! We had a balcony last time but we were in back of the bump on floor 7 and the bummer with those rooms is that they have the top of the lifeboats under the rooms so when you look down you have a 10 foot or so "shelf" that is outside your room. Overall this is my favorite ship though! :p

All balconies are covered by the deck above. It will in NO WAY obstruct your view, or make you feel "closed in".

The original poster is inquiring specifically about the extra overhang of deck 11 over deck 10. This does occur more than other decks on the Radiance class and poster CruisinRoxie has provided an accurate answer.

Happy cruiisng

Archived