Windmills and Wonders July 2010

2travelers

HI - I am wondering if anyone has been on Oceania's Windmills and Wonders cruise? It travels from Amsterdam to London. There are many ports that we have not seen previously, so this trip looks like it might be a winner. We have visited some of the countries on the itinerary, but on walking tours. Now, because of my husband's problems with mobility we travel only by cruise ship or river boat. So we are looking for places to go that we have not seem before. We are seasoned travelers, both land and sea, but we have never traveled with Oceania. I generally make arrangements to go on private tours rather than try and keep up with the ships excursions, so if anyone has gone on this cruise and has also had wonderful private tours, please let me know. We have not made any plans for our next big trip, and working everyday without a cruise to aim for is very depressing :(....so I need to find a place to go. My DH really wants to try an Oceania cruise - I, on the other hand, will go anywhere at this point!

Looking forward to hearing from all you posters...you never let me down ;)

Thanks

There are several of us booked on this trip aleady. check out the roll call thread. We have not been on Oceania before either. I believe that many of these ports are new for Oceania so no one would have been on this particular trip before. we would be happy to have you aboard if you decide to join us.

-------------------

Helen

There are several of us booked on this trip aleady. check out the roll call thread. We have not been on Oceania before either. I believe that many of these ports are new for Oceania so no one would have been on this particular trip before. we would be happy to have you aboard if you decide to join us.

-------------------

Helen

Hi - Thank you for your invitation. My DH told me that this was a new trip for Oceania after I told him I posted. I didn't really check out the brochure. I decided that afterall these years of my doing the planning I would let him make a decison for this year. So - this is what he came up with. I think that it looks like a really nice trip -even if we have been to two of the ports before. They do not have any excursions posted yet, but since the ship leaves Amsterdam at 10pm I would like very much to get in either early in the day or the day before and see some of Amsterdam - then board the ship. I will have to do some extensive research on where to go and try to get some private guides to take us to these places. We do this on every trip and have had only wonderful experiences. So, maybe we will take up your offer and join you. We leave tonight for the Carribean, but that is a week of R&R (and to me bordom after day 2) - so I really need something big and wonderful to get me through the cold, windy, icy, snowy New Jersey winter. My wanderlust is kicking in :D

Ronnie

Ronnie, a girl after my own heart! I also am bored by a sun and fun vacay. We are going on the Oasis on Jan 2. We have also been to a number of these ports before but look forward to visiting again and seeing more of them. I am pretty sure Lyn (LHT28) has been as well, so assuming we are typical of your fellow pax, this is a well-travelled group. We will be arriving in Amsterdam 3 days early. The 10 pm departure was a recent change so we essentially acquired an extra day. I am sure we will find a way to fill it up!

-----------------

Helen

Archived