Mariner April 26, 2009

I'm just wondering if anyone that went on the Mariner of the Seas (Mexican Riveria) on April 26, 2009 received a FUTURE OBC due to not being able to going to Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan due to the swine flu? We were on that cruise but weren't offered any future OBC like the cruisers the following week received. I'm only asking as I see the cruisers the following week received onboard credit PLUS future onboard credit for another cruise on the Mariner. RCCL refuses to talk about this.

I also would like to know. We were on that next sailing which went to the Pacific NW and we not only got almost a 50% refund on our paid cruise, but also $350 OBC and $350 off a future Mariner cruise! The folks before us were screwed if they never got anything!

Boy, you really got a great deal! Yes, I feel really screwed! I sent a letter to guest relations and the administrative office. Only to get a letter yesterday saying they are sorry for our difficulties but there is nothing they will do as they gave us $150 OBC during the cruise. But they didn't take into account us having to spend $200 on board to buy jackets/sweatshirts (over inflated prices) because we didn't bring any jackets due to us planning on warm weather. It was freezing in SF! They are telling me, we did go on the cruise, etc. and they can't give me a future OBC.

I gather they are able to screw us because we were already on the cruise when it happened. They had to give the cruises of the next week a huge discount or no one would have boarded the boat.

I wonder how many people that got screwed like I did, will choose to go on other cruise lines. My husband tells me I should calm down, but I can't help still being mad that we're treated so differently than others. It would be different if they hadn't given so much more to cruisers the following week.

Archived