Half Moon Cay

TravelJunkie2415

Half Moon Cay was a wonderful beach with beautiful water. I am not much of a beach person but I really enjoyed our day there. They offer various activities such as horseback riding, jet ski tour, swimming with stingrays and snorkel excursion. All of those activities you can book online prior to your cruise or once you are on the boat. As well there are kayaks, water bikes, floaties and mats that you can rent to use for the day. My group of people chose to rent a cabana and had a great time! We were very sad to leave the island!

Best things to do? It's all a matter of what you like to do, but consider making this stop an "enjoy-the-beach" day.

Get a beach chair, pull it out to the water line and sit back and relax, gazing out at the unbelievable turquoise water, and your ship as a backdrop. Ahhhhh....

At lunch, go over to the free lunch buffet (taken off the ship and set up each time a cruise comes in).

After lunch, go back to your chair, rinse, and repeat.

In my opinion, one of the best beaches in the Caribbean as far as water, sand, and crowded-ness (it's not crowded!). The further you walk away from the dock area, the less crowded it is.

Warning!!! Bring your sunscreen and re-apply often. The vast majority of cruise pax return to the ship with mild to severe sunburn. Don't forget the tops of your feet, as they may rarely see the sunlight in your "normal" life.:rolleyes:

GP

• 2 weeks later...

Sit on the beach...have a drink...find a tree, for shade! There's no need to pay for a cabana....what a waste of money! Please! A butler is not needed! Everything is doable on your own!

This is part of the cruisefare you've already paid....let it work for you! Aside from drinks, there's no reason to spend any extra money at this stop!

We are in the water or walking on the beach most of the time....no need for a cabana or clamshell. We go further down the beach and find a nice tree for shade and pull up a chair. Be sure to try out one of the hammocks too!!

We just came off the Carnival Liberty and Half Moon Cay is one of the nicest beaches in the Carribean. In our opinion it beats Meagans Bay on St.Thomas hands down and is super clean and no bugs. Many people had bites from something on Meagans Bay.

Super place to chill and relax and would not go for the Cabanas as too expensive at $225. We opted for the clam shell at $17 and was great shade and privacy for two. Easy access for food (free BBQ cooked on the beach) and they have waiters serving drinks all day.

There is no snorkling per say off the beach and all the tours are Carnival hosted so a little pricey. The best deal is just enjoying the beach and a long one at that for a nice walk....

We just came off the Carnival Liberty and Half Moon Cay is one of the nicest beaches in the Carribean. In our opinion it beats Meagans Bay on St.Thomas hands down and is super clean and no bugs. Many people had bites from something on Meagans Bay.

HMC has been consistently rated as the top private island in cruise industry publications.

If you can swing it try the private oasis on HMC. HAL charges $1199.00 for a minimum of 12 people. The surcharge of $99.00 person afterwards for the next 13 people. HAL allows you to prebook this adventure. We did it in Oct 2009 from the Eurodam and had a blast. Colakid.

I get bored very quick but this is def. a spot to just relax. It is the best beach I have ever been to so far in my life. We did get a cabana which was nice. I would love to go back someday. Here are a couple pics for you.

2njj32v.jpg

2ext111.jpg

panny view

jhsnj5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
If you can swing it try the private oasis on HMC. HAL charges $1199.00 for a minimum of 12 people. The surcharge of $99.00 person afterwards for the next 13 people. HAL allows you to prebook this adventure. We did it in Oct 2009 from the Eurodam and had a blast. Colakid.

I can ad a hearty "AMEN" to Colakid's opinion. The Oasis was one of the greatest experiences we've had. It helps to have a great group of fun people in the Oasis. You should also remember the adage "What happens in the Oasis stays in the Oasis"!

Has anyone been to Half Moon Cay recently that can tell me what the excursion prices are through Carnival. We are going in Sept and when I went to the excursions page the prices aren't listed anymore, you have to book them once you get on the ship. Just trying to get a grip on how much we'll need as we are cash people. No credit cards here. Thanks!

Just walking on the beach and having lunch at their delicious BBQ.. This is one port I don't have to even spend one cent to enjoy:)

The only money I have spent here is for a postcard and stamp, and 2 beers.

I burn very easily, never had a problem with sunscreen and a hat. There are hammocks in the shade in the trees on the edge if you look---even if you go waaaaaaayyyy down away from the crowds.

I'd spend a 7 day cruise at HMC if I could!:D

Archived