Quest's fore and aft balconies

CruzR887

We're set for our first Azamara experience May 3rd. We initially booked an inside but upgraded to a forward balcony. I've noticed that the price for these balconies is less than the ship's oceanview cabins. Are the OV more desirable, larger...?

Also, is there any advantage to fore most balconies or the rear most?

Thanks.

. I've noticed that the price for these balconies is less than the ship's oceanview cabins. Are the OV more desirable, larger...?

Thanks.

The forward facing cabins are more $$

The SV cabins are currently $4049 Forward or aft Balcony cabins

the OV=Oceanview deck 4 cabins are $3519/$3319

OV=Obstucted view deck 6 $3319

I think you may have the pricing confused or I am confused by your description

The SV cabins are the same size as the other cabins (few exceptions) but the balconies may be a bit deeper depending on which deck you choose

We've been both foreward and aft. The front balconies overlook the bow of the ship and you can watch the crew - but harder to see over the water. The back balconies have a better view - although it's where you've been not where you are going. We found the back had a lot of vibration and noise. The front was noisier when pulling into port or anchoring. There is also a lot of motion in the front if you hit rough seas. The balconies are a bit deeper than other veranda cabins. Hope this helps a little.

We're set for our first Azamara experience May 3rd. We initially booked an inside but upgraded to a forward balcony. I've noticed that the price for these balconies is less than the ship's oceanview cabins. Are the OV more desirable, larger...?

Thanks.

I looked at the current (Dec. 3) pricing for your cruise. Some of the regular balcony cabins are the same price as category 04 ocean views cabins. I think there is an Azamara promotion that goes something like "book a balcony for the price of an OV." This would appear to be a no-brainer. But it also looks like they raised the OV price to the same level as the balconies:confused:. Because the 04 cabins are the same size as the balcony cabins (minus the balcony square footage), there is no reason NOT to book a balcony at the same price.

Some people love the forward and aft balconies. Some don't like them because of noise (forward) or vibration (aft). But you can't go wrong with a plain old balcony cabin on deck 6 or 7.

The aft balcony cabins do not have bars or glass all the way down to your feet or ankle...those balconys are part of the hull.

if you are short and want to sit down on your balcony you probably wont be able to see the water very well

one of my favorite balcony locations is 7111 or surrounding cabins

the balcony bars go all the way to your feet, the balconies toward the middle of the ship have part of the hull that goes up to your mid calve of your leg

I have pictures of the Pacific Princess where I point out the difference off two balconies BUT not the far aft cabin.

If you would like to view those you can go to the link below

and then scroll to the bottom of the page for the picture album.

the photos are 143 and 144 you can scroll through the album pretty quickly

http://ourpassportstamps.com/Pacific_Princess_Alaska.html

Archived