Dragon Coaster Pricing

chazg

I see from a earlier thread, that the Dragon Coaster in Labadee has gotten a pricing adjustment.

From Five-Rileys Post "We had tickets to Dragon Coaster ($25 for 2 rides - $15 one ride & $35 all day)"

Could someone confirm it? And If this is the case would more PAX be inclined to do it? I know I would.

And the all-day access description makes it clear that you can bring along a second rider for free when you purchase this ticket.

"Note: Minimum age to be a single rider is 12 years old. Children between the ages of 5 and 11 may ride in the same cart with their parent/guardian. Maximum occupancy per cart is 2 persons with a maximum combined weight of 360 pounds. Total ride time is approximately 3-5 minutes. Purchase a ticket and you can take a person along in your cart for free!"

And that may be a typo as of now, because the single rider ticket says the same thing. If that's the case, why sell a 2 riders for $25 ticket?

The 2 for $25 says the same thing: you can take a person for free.

If that's the case, why sell a 2 riders for $25 ticket?

I am inferring that for $25 you ride twice. So Mom/Pop and two kids, Mom takes one kid, pop takes the other for $25. And all ride once. I am just guessing I haven't ridden the thing.

Or you ride twice by yourself.

I am inferring that for $25 you ride twice. So Mom/Pop and two kids, Mom takes one kid, pop takes the other for $25. And all ride once. I am just guessing I haven't ridden the thing.

Or you ride twice by yourself.

Yeah that makes sense. They call it a "double ride" so I thought it meant 2 riders.

Would have had a lot more takers last week when we where there at the new prices. IT was doing business at a very slow trickle. We did it only because my DD won a ticket at AO - I said to DW that I thought about $10 a ride would be a fair price so I guess $25 for 2 rides is OK.

It was fun, but I would have liked to do it again at full tilt which we didn't do the first time as we were taking in some views on the way down.

It was fun, but I would have liked to do it again at full tilt which we didn't do the first time as we were taking in some views on the way down.

Might be redundant question, but are you saying you can control the speed of the thing???? I haven't been on it yet, I will be there in two weeks (yaaa me!). If you can control the speed, then two trips makes total sense. Like you said go down once for the scenic view, then go again and scare your pants off.

Might be redundant question, but are you saying you can control the speed of the thing???? I haven't been on it yet, I will be there in two weeks (yaaa me!). If you can control the speed, then two trips makes total sense. Like you said go down once for the scenic view, then go again and scare your pants off.

The only trouble with this is, as we found out last week, if you go slowly then the people behind you also have to slow down, we came round a bend last week only to find the car in front stopped enjoying the scenery....very dangerous, only just stopped in time and had to turn and shout to my kids in the car behind to warn them to slow down, otherwise it could have been very nasty.

The only trouble with this is, as we found out last week, if you go slowly then the people behind you also have to slow down, we came round a bend last week only to find the car in front stopped enjoying the scenery....very dangerous, only just stopped in time and had to turn and shout to my kids in the car behind to warn them to slow down, otherwise it could have been very nasty.

Good to know :eek:

Yeah, the person in the back controls the breaks. You are not supposed to stop, they tell you that before you start. I also wish we could have gone a second time a bit faster, the first ride we were cautious since we didnt know what to expect, we also had a free ride for 4 people. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time and someone gave it to us since they werent going to use it. YOu do get a nice view from the top.

Yeah, the person in the back controls the breaks. You are not supposed to stop, they tell you that before you start. I also wish we could have gone a second time a bit faster, the first ride we were cautious since we didnt know what to expect, we also had a free ride for 4 people. Just happened to be in the right place at the right time and someone gave it to us since they werent going to use it. YOu do get a nice view from the top.

I can see an accident just waiting to happen followed by law suits if this is the case ! No way would I want to be on a ride that is controlled in any way by its passengers, especially a roller coaster ride ! JMHO and I do love roller coaster rides !

There are LOTS of traffic signals... so if you see red and don't stop it's not RCI's fault. You have to sign your life away before you can ride it anyway.

I went as fast as I possibly could and with a clear track the ride does not last nearly long enough.

I'm glad they dropped the price, it was expensive when we did it last month and outside of a few riders the ride was emtpy just about all day. The ride up is very interesting as you go at quite an angle and then when you think you are at the top you still have more to go. You are equal to the height of the zip line.

• 2 months later...

Archived