Tux vs. suit

frodo55

Can't say about the Fortuna but the other Costa cruises I've sailed on the formal night ratio would be about this: Tux 5%, Dark Suit 50%, Sport coat or dress shirt with tie 20%, Casual 25%. From other past comments on this forum I would say this holds true for most Costa ships and cruises.

Can't say about the Fortuna but the other Costa cruises I've sailed on the formal night ratio would be about this: Tux 5%, Dark Suit 50%, Sport coat or dress shirt with tie 20%, Casual 25%. From other past comments on this forum I would say this holds true for most Costa ships and cruises.

Don't forget the full blown Scottish Dress Kilt. :eek:

Ron

Just back from Costa Fortuna and think the above % about right although I can't actually remember seeing any tuxes. Formal attire is entirely optional on Costa on the designated formal nights so we wore casual. I found the dining room far too hot with a casual shirt on yet alone a jacket as well.

I've been on five Costa cruises, three in the Mediterranean, and the percentage of men wearing tuxes was far higher than 5%. I can't say for sure, but I would estimate at least 10% and probably more. I believe the percentage of people dressing up for formal nights on Costa is higher than on most other cruise lines, because of the high percentage of European passengers. For the same reason, there are not as many people people in casual attire on formal nights.

Archived