Oasis of the Seas

stbrown

And THERE we have it.

When it all boils down to it, it wasnt the failed Pay Per View you couldnt watch (really, you were THAT bored on a 4-day OASIS cruise you had to watch a Pay Per View movie?), or the fact that you didnt get to use your Free Internet time, or the TV feeds in the gym that werent working....it was in fact, the TOWELS. You rest your own case.

Fact is, it was the towel... and a failed COMPANY POLICY that alowed two crew members to mistreat a guest.

From the same sailing:

"And while I'm on pools, the new towels are nice, and I actually think it was very convenient to "rent them out" with your seapass. There wasn't a line and they were happy to let you have more than one if you needed it." :)

Hmmmm...maybe it was just you stbrown. :rolleyes:

Well' date=' not getting an extra towel would sure be a deal breaker for me......:cool::cool:[/quote']

It wasn't a deal breaker. I still paid for the cruise and much more while onboard. If I could have checked out on Friday, I would have.

We are Diamond. We were given two very good quality beach towels as gifts to Diamond members.

stbrown, did you not get your two towels as well? Weren't they good enough to use at the Solarium?

There are a couple of warts on the pool deck that need to be removed...

The fact that you think of those employees as 'warts' says a lot about you. I am sure they just thought they were doing their job as outlined by company policy.

It's not about a towel.

Fact is, it was the towel...

Four pages later, the circus tent closes. It was...drumroll please...THE TOWELS FAULT. Wow, I was right, how droll.

Seriously: Maybe you are too good for Royal Caribbean now and the luxury market IS your next step. Pick up the phone and call up Crystal, Silversea, Azamara, SeaDream Yacht Club, Regent Seven Seas, Sea Cloud Cruises, Oceania Cruises, Seabourn, or Cunard and see what they have to offer you. Best advice, drop Royal Caribbean because at this point they will never meet your expectations. Go ahead, be brave, expand beyond Royal Caribbean. There's another whole world of crusing at your doorstep! Use this link to help you along your way...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/luxurycruises/

Happy Crusing!

Hmmmm...maybe it was just you stbrown. :rolleyes:

We had a great wait staff in My Time Dining and the Head Waiter made arrangements to have a Gluten free pizza available in the dining room the last day of the cruise. It arrived wrong... floating in onions... twice. I really think the second pizza was the first with more cheese... and onions. However, the steak and egg sandwich came hot, was cooked like ordered, and was very good. One of my favorites.

stbrown, did you not get your two towels as well? Weren't they good enough to use at the Solarium?

The fact that you think of those employees as 'warts' says a lot about you. I am sure they just thought they were doing their job as outlined by company policy.

Four pages later, the circus tent closes. It was...drumroll please...THE TOWELS FAULT. Wow, I was right, how droll.

Seriously: Maybe you are too good for Royal Caribbean now and the luxury market IS your next step. Pick up the phone and call up Crystal, Silversea, Azamara, SeaDream Yacht Club, Regent Seven Seas, Sea Cloud Cruises, Oceania Cruises, Seabourn, or Cunard and see what they have to offer you. Best advice, drop Royal Caribbean because at this point they will never meet your expectations. Go ahead, be brave, expand beyond Royal Caribbean. There's another whole world of crusing at your doorstep! Use this link to help you along your way...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/luxurycruises/

Happy Crusing!

Thanks for the kind words... to the staff. And your advise is sound.

We had a great wait staff in My Time Dining and the Head Waiter made arrangements to have a Gluten free pizza available in the dining room the last day of the cruise. It arrived wrong... floating in onions... twice. I really think the second pizza was the first with more cheese... and onions. However, the steak and egg sandwich came hot, was cooked like ordered, and was very good. One of my favorites.

We didn't use the Windjammer much because of all the different venues available. The Solarium Bistro was convenient and overall they did a really good job... and they allowed me to have an extra glass of lemonade. We were unable to get a reservation at Chops (our favorite), but, we did order a filet from Chops during My Time the last night. It was great. Thanks.

Am I the only crazy person that brings my own towels? My wife and I usually pack two each. It makes it much easier to find our chairs/spot on the beach, or each other and if we loose them we're out a few dollars (wal-mart).

Am I the only crazy person that brings my own towels? My wife and I usually pack two each. It makes it much easier to find our chairs/spot on the beach, or each other and if we loose them we're out a few dollars (wal-mart).

You're not the crazy one. You did the best thing. But where did you hang them in the room? They removed the cloths line in the shower on Oasis. The balcony room we had was small, but, it worked. Located on the tenth floor, we were in the middle of everything.

You're not the crazy one. You did the best thing. But where did you hang them in the room. They removed the cloths line in the shower on Oasis.

Well there you go... we haven't sailed on the Oasis yet, but plan on it. I guess we'll have to re think our strategy. We like to hang up our swimsuits as well so maybe we'll have to bring our own rig or something?

Well there you go... we haven't sailed on the Oasis yet, but plan on it. I guess we'll have to re think our strategy. We like to hang up our swimsuits as well so maybe we'll have to bring our own rig or something?

We bring towels also. We often bring the suction cup hooks that you can get at Walmart or Target and attach them inside the shower. Not sure if this is true, but I thought I read somewhere there were shower doors instead of curtains on Oasis, they could also be stuck to the outside of that. They are great for towels and swimsuits.

We bring towels also. We often bring the suction cup hooks that you can get at Walmart or Target and attach them inside the shower. Not sure if this is true, but I thought I read somewhere there were shower doors instead of curtains on Oasis, they could also be stuck to the outside of that. They are great for towels and swimsuits.

You cruise Disney mostly. How do you rate them on customer satisfaction?

You cruise Disney mostly. How do you rate them on customer satisfaction?

Overall they are amazing. I'm a bit of a customer service fanatic, having been raised around a service oriented business, and they do a good job of keeping me happy. :) That's not to say there haven't been hiccups, just like with any company, or the odd grumpy individual, but in the grand balance of things the service and experiences they've provided have been a cut above. We will definitely continue to sail with them.

stbrown frequent cruiser :)

Jan 03-Carnival Jubilee-4 night Mexico

Aug 03- RCCL Sovereign of the Seas-4 night Bahamas

Oct 03- RCCL Sovereign of the Seas-3 night Bahamas

Sept 04- RCCL Sovereign of the Seas-3 night Bahamas

April 05-RCCL Splendour of the Seas-7 night Western Caribbean

July 05- RCCL Radiance of the Seas-7 night Alaska

Sept 05- RCCL Sovereign of the Seas-3 night Bahamas

Oct 05-RCCL Sovereign of the Seas-3 night Bahamas

Feb 06-RCCL Grandeur of the Seas-4 night Mexico

Sept 06- RCCL Sovereign of the Seas-3 night Bahamas

Sept 06-RCCL Voyager of the Seas-7 night Mediterranean

March 07- NCL Pride of America-7 nights Hawaii

Oct 07- RCCL Explorer of the Seas-9 night New England and Canada

Jan 08 – RCCL Grandeur of the Seas-4 night Mexico

Jan 08 – RCCL Mariner of the Seas-7 night Eastern Caribbean

Aug 08 – RCCL Explorer of the Seas-9 night Canada and Quebec

Jan 09- RCCL Grandeur of the Seas-5 night Western Caribbean

Mar 09- RCCL Freedom of the Seas-7 night Eastern Caribbean

May 09 – RCCL Freedom of the Seas- 6 night Western Caribbean

Sept 09 – RCCL Freedom of the Seas- 7 night Eastern Caribbean

Dec 09 – RCCL OASIS of the Seas-4 night Labadee--least favorite for customer service.

Wrong...again.

I own my own company, do very well at it, and have NO problems telling a customer that can never be satisfied that they should take their business elsewhere.

And I repeat...I'd never want you for a customer.

I guess there's nothing more to say about this subject, so I'll let you have the final word. I'm done here.

Some companies have become smarter when it comes to dealing with chronic complainers. They have found that it is cheaper to tell them to take their business elsewhere than it is to continue dealing with issues over and over. RCI even did this a few years back. You can't make some folks happy no matter what you do. Some feel that they are entitled to the world. Sad.

Some companies have become smarter when it comes to dealing with chronic complainers. They have found that it is cheaper to tell them to take their business elsewhere than it is to continue dealing with issues over and over. RCI even did this a few years back. You can't make some folks happy no matter what you do. Some feel that they are entitled to the world. Sad.

Not the world, just a hassle free cruise experience. How about you? What do you expect on a cruise like Oasis?

I'm on Oasis in five weeks. I fully expect to have a great time as I always do and I don't expect crew members to kiss my butt just because I'm Diamond. :rolleyes:

LOL... you say that like you really mean it. I hope you do.

The view from My Time Dining is blocked by all the life boats on deck 5. Oasis also moved the track from the top deck to deck 5, so, during dinner you get an occasional jogger by. Not near as nice a view as on most of the other ships. Be sure to check out the concierge lounge. Oh, that's right, you're just a Diamond member. RCCL took that priviledge away in September. Not just on Oasis, but fleet wide. Most of the venues on Oasis no longer have an ocean view. Almost all are interior to the ship.

The view from My Time Dining is blocked by all the life boats on deck 5. Oasis also moved the track from the top deck to deck 5, so, during dinner you get an occasional jogger by. Not near as nice a view as on most of the other ships. Be sure to check out the concierge lounge. Oh, that's right, you're just a Diamond member. RCCL took that priviledge away in September. Not just on Oasis, but fleet wide. Most of the venues on Oasis no longer have an ocean view. Almost all are interior to the ship.

Surely I'm not the only Diamond member who feels ripped off by RCCL for trading our previous cruise benefits and personal attention for a big ship with mediocre service and unexceptable COMPANY POLICIES. Oasis was nice... but, not that nice. :mad:

Surely I'm not the only Diamond member who feels ripped off by RCCL for trading our previous cruise benefits and personal attention for a big ship with mediocre service and unexceptable COMPANY POLICIES. Oasis was nice... but, not that nice. :mad:

Portofino's was replaced by Giovanni's on Oasis. It was good for lunch, but, the tiramisu was runny and unappetizing. They did a better job at the coffee shop in the Promenade. There is not much that compares to Portofino's in the evening on the Freedom. Floor to ceiling windows and an incredible view of St. Thomas. The best tiramisu in the fleet. And that seafood skewer... the best of the best. You won't get any of that on Oasis.

Well, one solution would be to cruise more and become D+. I'm very happy with RCCL. Love the CL, love the PI, love Oasis. :D

We're only two credits away from Diamond Plus. One short cruise and a Junior Suite and we're there. But, on Oasis, Diamond Plus doesn't solve my objections to the Oasis Experience and the failed COMPANY POLICY that lost me last week. I'm rethinking my loyalties to THE COMPANY. As for Oasis, she's just not suited for my vacation experience. For those cruisers that don't expect much in the area of great service, she should be suitable.

Just back from the doctor's office. A Soar thoat, headaches, fever and a stuffy nose. With some aspirin, a few days rest and a labotomy, and the Oasis Experience should soon be behind me.

Portofino's was replaced by Giovanni's on Oasis. It was good for lunch, but, the tiramisu was runny and unappetizing. They did a better job at the coffee shop in the Promenade. There is not much that compares to Portofino's in the evening on the Freedom. Floor to ceiling windows and an incredible view of St. Thomas. The best tiramisu in the fleet. And that seafood skewer... the best of the best. You won't get any of that on Oasis.

I can't see you letting this go anytime soon. Your posts now seem to be trying to convince everyone else how horrible OASIS was based on your sole experience on her, and comparing this to your blissfully wonderful experiences on another ship of a completely different design and size.*

I think we all are forgetting the OASIS was roughly only 2 weeks from the builders yard before her Dec 1st cruise and a ship of this size is bound to have problems. I never understood why people who know this to be a probability, still book the first cruise and still complain when things aren't absolutely perfect.*

But by all means keep posting your Royal Carribbean conspiracy theories and progressively worsening comparison reviews. At some point in time you'll let this go or drive yourself insane.

Archived