Pre-registering for Camp Carnival

beckyjohns

Can somebody help me with this? I go to My Cruise, Plan Activities, Youth Program......but there is nothing there to fill out....what am I doing wrong? Just trying to get some things done now rather than having to do them on the ship, but I don't see any way to "register" my kids!

Maybe they removed it? It never worked correctly anyway. So I never got to pre-register my kids online.

And lds26 is right. It doesn't take that long to do it in person anyway. What I didn't like about it this last time, they had it at the same time as sailaway because sailaway was running a little late. So we had to choose between registering and sailaway, which on this cruise was in NY and going past the Statue of Liberty. :eek:

So we literally ran in. Filled out the paperwork. And ran back out while others stayed to listen to the presentation (which we had heard 2 times before anyway)

You can pre-register? I never knew that. Darn will have to go look.

I guess I still have to go to the lecture because they don't give out the phones till the end :(. But I can go in late if I have the form filled out.

And last year things were running late for us too so sailaway, camp carnival, and dinner all were running into each other.

I pre registered my children for our Sensation cruise and I didnt go to any lecture. Once we got on board we went to camp carnival and dropped off the form and looked around. The first time we signed in the kids is when they gave us the phones. It was a quick and painless process.

That's true about the first time you sign in except that first day won't be a sea day so won't be going in till night but I suppose I could drop by just to get a phone and do a quick look see at the room. Also, I'll need to drop him and run most likely. Then stand around the corner and make sure he stops crying. Unless... :confused: well we just changed schools and I'm actually able to walk in the room and hand the teacher his lunch and say good bye without issue so I really have no idea what his reaction will be like. :p

Just preregistered for mid-February cruise. Given that we have to take in all the paperwork, I'm unclear what pre-registration actually does for me, but what the heck. This is the first time that our daughter is eligible for Camp Carnival. Now if only to get her fully potty trained before then!

have any of you used the babysitting before? my son will be 23 months when we cruise in january and we are hoping to use the babysitting services on one of the port days. (My husband and I want to partake in an excursion that our son cannot go on.)

So are we allowed to debark, and go on an excursion while our son is being babysat? When exactly does it end? is noon a definite? (we are not on a carnival excursion, but my mom will be and can pick him up before noon.)

I've already emailed carnival and they responded with what is already posted on the website(not helpful!) which included this: "On Port Day mornings, care for infants begins from port arrival until 12:00 noon (or until 5:00pm for ships arriving in port after noon time). Port Days are for drop off only."

anyone have any idea what "port days are for drop-off only" means?

as for pre-registration online, I do not have access to the pre-registration form either--I figured it was connected somehow to the childs age listed in the reservation.

thanks!

We didn't have any kind of a "lecture", either. I did preregister (it just lets you fill the forms out ahead of time so you don't have to do it there) and went into Camp on the first night, handed them my forms. Then I had to go back at 9:00 to pick up our pager (normally only the 5's and under get them, but since my son has a severe food allergy, I requested one as well).

It was quite well organized, painless procedure. And I have to note that the kids LOVED it as much as everyone says they do. :D

I know my friend, who booked after we did, tried to preregister her DD and was unable to. That function of the site was down at that point, I think it's "hit or miss" (I love Carnival, but am convinced their webmasters are Beavis and Butthead).

On our cruise last year they didn't have anything that first night. Oh this does give me hope. Otherwise I need to figure out how to get my son asleep and in the stroller before dinner tomorrow night.

I know that kids 2 and over can stay in camp carnival while parents go off the boat but I have no idea how it works with infants. I can ask and report back in a week.

Well the only events they had the first day for for parents to attend so we had to struggle the first night with walking him around the ship during our dinner.

They do take under 2 on port days up till noon. They won't take them to lunch so noon is definite.

noon is definite.

thank you for the info! we should be able to work it out: leave son at babysitting, mom go snorkel, me and hubby go cave tubing, then mom can pick up our son when she returns before 12pm- since cave tubing is until mid-afternoon.

Archived