10:00AM flight out of San Juan?

Rickster

Is it possible? Can any RCI cruisers let me know what time the ships are cleared in San Juan. With express departure (carry your own bags off the ship) is a 10:00AM flight possible? We just cruised out of FLL and made it to the aiport by 8:25AM.

Thanks, Rick.

Rick, I wouldn't chance it. Couple of years ago we got hung up with custom or immigration issues and couldn't get off Serenade till after 10AM. Getting through check-in lines, the USDA check, and security in SJU can take a long time on Saturdays.

Ernie

I would have to agree with erniesband on this one. While theoretically possible, there are a lot of variables that could derail your flight plans. Though I personally never had a USDA inspection delay at the San Juan airport, the fact remains that they could decide to take a prolonged and intimate interest in your baggage.

To help speed things along you should NOT remove your ship's tags from your bags. I recall being at the airport check-in counter and seeing people diverted to the USDA inspection area because they had taken off their ship's tags. Not only did they lose their place in a long line, they then had the added inconvenience of having to go through the screening process as well.

We also did Serenade in 2005. We paid extra to book a flight after noon.

Glad we did.

The San Juan airport is C-R-A-Z-Y !!! Worst one yet. Their system is to shout out your name after checking in at the kiosks - you'll see :D This is particularly funny when there are a few hundred waiting :eek:

We flew out of San Juan yesterday and there is no way I would consider a 10am flight. We were on the Adventure last week and were off the ship by 9am Sunday morning. Two years ago on the Serenade we were off at 8:30am.

At the airport, we didn't have the "name shouting" experience that texancruzer mentioned but there are three lines that you need to go through: 1) an agriculture inspection (I was told that everyone now has to go through this - even those with the ships tags still on their luggage) 2) another line for check-in/baggage 3) security. We flew out on a Monday which is a slower day and it took us approximately 40 minutes to reach our gate after we arrived at the airport.

Archived