"Knock-Off purses" on Western Carib. Cruise

NKG6002

I had a Prada bag that lasted me for eight years. I paid $3.00, plus sales tax, for it at a thrift shop. I have no idea if it was real, because I've never looked at the new ones. I suspect that it might have been fake, because the original owner could have sold it on Ebay rather than donating it to charity, if they knew it was real. I used to carry it with the little metal triangle against my body, because I don't like to have brands showing on my bag/clothes/shoes/whatever.

My granddaughter owns a Christian Dior bag, bought in Las Vegas a few years ago. It came with its own storage bag, and was very, very expensive. It is not holding up well at all, even though she has taken good care of it. She has taken it to a leather repair place twice to have stitching repaired. I suspect that it might have been a fake, although sold at a "genuine" price.

To me, there is a big difference between "knock off" and fake or counterfeit. You can buy knock off bags at Target and Penneys - they just don't have the label and the exact look. They are often just as durable as the real thing.

If its' legitimate, Your grandaughter can bring it to any Dior store and get it fixed or repaired... free

:eek: Wow, where are all these "don't do it, it's not right" post when someone starts a thread about smuggling liquor on board?????????

This one, "Don't do it person" is right here saying if you can't afford to keep your word [not YOU you] and buy your drinks aboard, you can't afford to cruise.

Same goes for tipping.

I also dress according to the dress code that I agreed to when purchasing my cruise.

And I know if a clerk screws up and undercharges me or over changes me, it is NOT my money to keep so I give back the excess change or point out the undercharge.

And I volunteered to serve my country back when there was a draft and college would have kept me out of the draft.

I do not 'roll' stop signs, but I do violate the speed limit.

Those that claim that life is many shades of gray are living a lie.

If you just "blast" the OP for commiting a crime, you have not aided them. The purpose of CC is the exchange of cruise related infomation. The OP didnt ask if it was a crime. I would think that you have to be living under a rock to not know that. It was only pointed out as a negative aspect of their decison making, not to be helpful. I don't think you re-read my previous post very carefully.

I do not aid criminals or 'would be' criminals. To answer her question as asked would be aiding and abetting a crime. How to go about committing a crime is NOT cruise related info. You need to re-read your own posts and understand that any answer but, "Its a crime period" is condoning that crime.

That came straight Coach, huh? lol. If one adheres to this logic, every time you buy gas you're supporting terrorism... :)

Nope.

It's information from the Department of Homeland Security Customs Division on the effects of buying counterfeit merchandise.

It's big business.....

Not my words, sonny.......

This one, "Don't do it person" is right here saying if you can't afford to keep your word [not YOU you] and buy your drinks aboard, you can't afford to cruise.

Same goes for tipping.

I also dress according to the dress code that I agreed to when purchasing my cruise.

And I know if a clerk screws up and undercharges me or over changes me, it is NOT my money to keep so I give back the excess change or point out the undercharge.

And I volunteered to serve my country back when there was a draft and college would have kept me out of the draft.

I do not 'roll' stop signs, but I do violate the speed limit.

Those that claim that life is many shades of gray are living a lie.

So being perfect in all other areas makes it acceptable for you to violate speed limits? Why is that ok? That seems a tad hypocritical. Is that not a "shade of gray" issue.

Nope.

It's information from the Department of Homeland Security Customs Division on the effects of buying counterfeit merchandise.

It's big business.....

Not my words' date=' sonny.......[/quote']

It's all good. I will continue to support all those bad things by buying gas, things at walmart and fake handbags :)

I do not aid criminals or 'would be' criminals. To answer her question as asked would be aiding and abetting a crime. How to go about committing a crime is NOT cruise related info. You need to re-read your own posts and understand that any answer but, "Its a crime period" is condoning that crime.

Ok, so you just break the law by speeding? LOL! You really want to have the last word, so you got it! I have a cruise coming up to think about!!

:D:D:D:D

So being perfect in all other areas makes it acceptable for you to violate speed limits? Why is that ok? That seems a tad hypocritical. Is that not a "shade of gray" issue.

Where did I say it was OK? Its wrong and I pay my fines for it. But it is not supporting criminal endeavors. At least I'm unaware of the "International Speeding Mob!"

Glad I could make your day giving you a tidbit to bite on but I put it in as a statement of honesty and to show that I have some understanding of the 'other side.'

And do you mean to infer that you do not and have not violated the speed limit? Or just taking pleasure in my failings while avoiding mention of you own.

"ummmm, but she still wants a knockoff purse?

Just buy her a real one and keep her honesty and integrity in place. Job done. "

Part of her integrity is that she sees no sense in spending $100+ for a purse for herself when she has a family to care for. She likes the appearance of the purses and will be just as happy with a knock off. I DID instill good virtues in her, one of which was not to judge people on appearances which can be extended to making judgements on individual's according to innocent comments made on a cruise board. Job done. Comments on the issue finished. Why I find myself justifying to YOU is questioning MY usually good judgement.

Guest bahamamama1
Not passing judgement on anyone, but, most people who know the real thing can spot a fake from ten feet. My son has become an expert on spotting fakes. ... there are many little clues that will tip off an observant person.

LOL I am the same way, my pet peeve is Chanel sunglasses of which I am a self-proclaimed expert !

I suggest going on ebay and find a reputable seller with a positive rating over a long time period and many transactions and buy there. I have purchased 3 Guccis like that plus a Gucci wallet. Coaches are so cheap you may as well buy the real thing. We saw a lady on our last cruise with a fake Chanel purse and bless her heart, it was soooooo obvious. I would rather have a real Wal Mart purse than a fake designer.

You can get good deals on ebay and pay with pay pal and take the product to the Gucci (for example) store and have them check for authenticity and if it is not real, you can get your money back from Pay Pal.

Just buy her a real one and keep her honesty and integrity in place. Job done. "

Part of her integrity is that she sees no sense in spending $100+ for a purse for herself when she has a family to care for. She likes the appearance of the purses and will be just as happy with a knock off. I DID instill good virtues in her, one of which was not to judge people on appearances which can be extended to making judgements on individual's according to innocent comments made on a cruise board. Job done. Comments on the issue finished. Why I find myself justifying to YOU is questioning MY usually good judgement.

Oh Bull. Do what you want to. They are available for sale. But don't try to cover up what you are going to do by giving the double talk about how honest and and virtuous she and you are.

But I do agree with something. Spending $100 for a purse is stupid.

Guest bahamamama1
I agree, Belize, off to the right of the mall. I bought a Louis Vitton for $25.00 4 years ago, carry it everyday, and I haven't had a problem with it yet.. Enjoy!

For real ? I got a fake Louis in NYC in 01 and the darned thing fell apart before I got back to Dallas !! The snap fell off and the strap was unravelling.. I learned my lesson.

Maybe it is OK if you buy from a "reputable" fake dealer.. LOL

BTW, I AM NOT PASSING JUDGEMENT ON ANYONE.. I just love to shop and love getting a good deal !

Guest bahamamama1

and by the way , Coach is not a luxury brand ;)

Thats what I was thinking.

I would think a designer would be like Chanel, Gucci, Dior, Louis V, Prada, Versace, Fendi, etc

1. They are junk!

2. You are supporting criminals. They may be independent criminals but that's unlikely. More likely they have ties to the drug trade and/or terrorists.

3. Your daughter is taught that being a phony has your blessing!

Image is NOTHING!

Integrity is everything!

You've said it best!

I wonder how many of the posters that complained about being fake or phony have any "enhancements" or botox work done ? I know ...That's different..........:rolleyes:

You got the theme all wrong…The theme is what outlandish negatives do you support when you buy fake things? I'll go with buying botox support poachers that poach the endangered monk seals :D

Hope the OP is having fun like the rest of us. :)

Guest bahamamama1
I wonder how many of the posters that complained about being fake or phony have any "enhancements" or botox work done ? I know ...That's different..........:rolleyes:

I wish I could afford "enhancements"

I see nothing wrong with that.

Irony?

Why? Is the botox bootlegged?:rolleyes:

The knock off purses don't look real to anyone who knows the real thing. They are usually junk and will fall apart and they break US law unless they aren't really copies, which don't at all look like the real thing. If you have travelled overseas alot you would realize that checked luggage can and may be checked by customs. It's a risk that if someone wishes to do they may, but there are major consequences. We travel overseas for work a lot and I would never suggest that someone violate import-custom laws. The result may seriously alter your life.

My stay at home daughter is requesting a souvenir "knock-ff" designer purse from our cruise. Which port (Cozumel,Belize,Roatan,Grand Cayman) is the best to shop for them ? Any tips on "haggling" for the best price ? Any tips in general ? Thanks in advance !:)

Definitely in Belize....2 times on Valor Western and back at same store for $35 for any size small or large. Start at the left side of mall when you are facing the mall as soon as you get off the Tender, first store on left once you enter inside...

If you are on the Valor - great choice :)

Archived