Island Princess to call at Havana next year?

sppunk

We were on the Island Princess and heard Dr. Ryan make the same statement. Given the existing political conditions, I wouldn't rule it out entirely. Note that the Fred Olsen Line ship Braemar stops at Santiago, Cuba on their 3/4/2010 and 4/1/2010 cruises and at Havana on the 11/11/2010 cruise. These originate/end in other countries than the US and do not stop at any US port.

I doubt that Cuba has the tourist infrastructure in place that would give American cruise ship passengers the quality experience on shore they are accustomed to, especially if ships with significant numbers of passengers are in port.

Fred Olsen's Braemar standard capacity is 929 passengers. Most Princess ships have over twice that.

I'll tell you one thing, the minute they normalize relations between the USA and Cuba there will be recruiters from the cruise lines combing every conservatory and music school in Cuba for musicians to hire.

The artistic standards are just as high now as they were when the embargo was imposed.

So too are the wages: a Cuban musician today rarely makes more than a hundred dollars US a month in Cuba.

Anybody who's ever heard Arturo Sandoval or Paquito d'Rivera can see how broad and deep their education was.

¡Bienvenidos Amigos!

RF

Archived