April 2nd cruise~ Who needs to lose?/

Litewait

Looking for those who would like to do a challenege. I am cruising on the Spirit from San Diego April 2nd-10th. My goal is to lose 25 lbs. by then. I am going to start a low carb plan (Curves diet) and go to Curves 3 times a week and walk hopefully two others. Resonable? Maybe we can do daily weigh ins and I can put up some motivational statement for us? Who's game?

Good Luck,

Donna

I am 43

current weight 161

goal weight 136

"You need to claim the events of your life to make yourself yours. When you truly possess all you have been and done, which may take sometime,you are fierce with reality." Florida Scott-Maxwell

Am going on the Summit 10 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean on April 1st. I am 57; oh boy, writing this down is hard!!!!! I am 190 lbs and would love to lose 20+ lbs. by my cruise. I have started an eating plan and walking is coming along, but I could do more. I would love to join with you and maybe we will both reach our goals!!

Buddy on the East Coast

I started on Monday. I am so proud that I have actually not cheated for 5 whole days... I am sooo bad, if I cheat once It's all down hill from there. I work out at Curves 3 days a week and am going to add walking to the plan.

I signed up to do the Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk for Breast Cancer in San Diego in the fall so I need to get ready for that.

So my starting weight is 164 and I want to get down to 136, so I'm on my way. I'll try and check in daily to motivate you! I know I don't want to get in a bathing suit anytime soon!

"We are always afraid to start something that we want to make very good,true and serious" Brenda Ueland.

So lets get started!!

Good luck,

Donna

We are sailing on the Millennium in April, and my husaband and I started NutriSystem 8 days ago. We both want to lose 20 lbs. So far (in 8 days) he has lost 6.5 and I have lost 4.5.

I think it is a good diet. We don't get hungry, and I feel like we are eating good.

Way to go Deron!!

Tell me more about the nutri-system program. I personally have heard of it but have never known anyone on it. Good for you to take step toward better health! Sometimes we all need an incentive to get started and stick with it and I think a cruise is a great one!

Good Luck and keep posting your progress!!

I'll post daily, I think I'll list weight on Mon. and Thur.

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Good morning to all,

I am cruising on April 3. I started a exercise and a new eating plan. I am working hard at not saying the d word. Since I know if I want to keep my results I have to change my eating habits forever.

I am using the Slim in 6 exercise program and basically eating fruits, veggies, protein and drinking lots of water.

I started on January 3 with my husband and he has lost 8 lbs and I have lost 5.

We would each like to lose about 20 lbs. We are in our mid to late 40s.

I really wanted to look good on the cruise and for us to be in better shape for it. This cruise will be a honeymoon/anniversary cruise. We got married 14 years ago but never did the honeymoon. So I am hoping to make this a very special cruise for us and wouldn't it be nice to be the same weight we were when we got married (3 children ago).

Good Luck all

Bolt~

I absolutely agree! You have to attack weightloss with the plan to make it a lifestyle change. I have learned oh so many times you can't just lose it and then go back to the old eating habits.

Weekends are hard for me as we are on the go so much with sports ect. So for my motivation today I got our my "little black dress" I want to wear on the cruise and hung where I can see it. I know I won't get into it for another 10 atleast, but it's and inspiration. When I loss the first 10 I'm going to buy some Cookie Lee jewelry my friend sells that will do with the dress. Little rewards along the way help!

Hope all of you are having a great day!

Donna

"The real moment of success is not always the moment apparent to the crowd."

George Bernard Shaw

Well made it through Saturday with out blowing the eating plan.....but did not exercise. So today I will have to get to it.

Tomorrow is the day we move to the next tape in the series. The last tape of the series which is suppose to be brutal.

Wish me luck..

What is the Slim in 6 program? I will look it up on the internet until I here from you. I made it thru Sat. also! Good for us!!! I even bought my son some M&M Cookies and didn't eat one. I think I can do this. 11 weeks from today and about 21 lbs. to go!

Keep up the good work!

"What is passion? Passion is surely the becoming of a person."

John Boorman

We all have a passion to lose the weight so lets do it!

Donna

Slim in Six is a 6 week program to build muscle and change your eating habits.

You work out 6 times a week and eat foods from Michi's ladder.

It is on the web under beachbody. Looking at all the before and after pictures it seems to work for alot of people. All I have to do is have the will power to stick to it for 6 weeks.

I also recently gave up smoking which does not help in the weight area. However, I have tried to be careful so I do not use my weight as an excuse to go back to smoking. I keep telling my self I have not had a cigarette in 94 days and this program only lasts 42 days I can do that! Although I do know that it might take me longer than 6 weeks to reach my goal and even then I will have to still work out and watch what I eat to maintain my results, I just have to play these little games with myself.

In fact in 5 more pounds I get to order the expensive swimsuit I have had my eye on.

Well, I have made it a whole week, 7 days No cheating!! Woo Hoo!!

I started at about 161-163 and this morning I weighed 157 1/2 so about a 5 lb. loss. I am thrilled with that. If I can loss another 3-5 this week and then avaerage 2 a week after that I can feasibly reach my goal prior to the cruise..

I might need to go look at new bathing suits to.

I had a dream about cheating last night though, chocolate.. and cookies. But I WILL make it.

"It's a funny thing about life. If you refuse to settle for anything less than the best, thats what it will give you."

W. Somerset Maugham

Good luck on a new week to a new you!!

Donna

I also survived another day. I sure am missing my chocolate.

Next week will be hard my husband will be gone and I tend to hit the drive thrus. I guess I will just hit them for the kids and come home and eat my salad.

I just have to remember.......73 days til I cruise.

Kim

72 days and 21 lbs for me, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can,,,

You can doooooooo it!!! Good luck today, Stay determined : )

" The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy"

Martin Luther King

Happy Cruising,

Donna

I have been doing good with the eating. However, it is getting harder and harder to not cheat . I thought it would get easier.

The exercising is going well also......but I hate exercise. But I just keep pushing my self and I know I have to continue to do this.

I would love to lose 15 more lbs. although I would be very happy with 10 more.

I am sitting here having my afternoon snack.....lite popcorn.

Hang in there it will be worth it.

Did you watch the biggest loser last night? Those people looked great.

Kim

MAybe you should add some variety to your diet. Look for some alternative snacks with the same calorie count ect. Try ti mix it up so you have something to look forward to. The number 1 cause of people going of a new eatting plan is lack of choice, getting board with what they are eatting. I start phase 2 of mine next week and i keep looking at all the "extra" I start getting next Monday and Iknow I can do this for 3 more days. Getting on the scale every morning also helps.

Get out that bathing suit or dress and hang it where you can see it. When you feel like cheating walk over there and take a look. Nothin tastes as good as losing weight feels..

"There are only two things that prevent you from accomplishing your goals-fear and self doubt. When you learn to trust yourself and ask for help, the world gets a whole lot easier."

Wyatt Webb

Happy Cruising,

Donna

So.. How did everyone do this weekend? I went to a banquet on Sat. night and did well, no bread,potatoes or desserts. My splurge was 2 glasses of wine. Did not gain any. I lost another 5 last week so I'm down 10 but move to phase 2 of the diet, which you avaerage 1-2 lbs per week while eatting more carbs and boostring your metabolism. If I lose 2 a week that will put me at my goal with one week to spare...

Good luck everyone, hang in there!

"Strendth is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands- and then just eat one of the pieces."

Judith Viorst

Happy Cruising,

DOnna

Don't let a couple bad days get you down. Just get back on the horse and plug away. Set a short term goal and reward yourself. Don't just look at the 20, 30 ect pounds. I look at it in 5 lb increments and the way my clothes feel. I can wear shorts I couldn't 2 weeks ago. Thats enough to motivate me to keep going because there are clothes hanging in my closest I still can't wear.

"regret is an appalling waste of energy,you can't build on it: it is only good for wallowing."

Katherine Mansfield

Good Luck Today!

Donna

Well...since I took the weekend off from diet and exercise...I gained 3 lbs, which it took me til today to get off. So I am now at the same weight I was a week ago. Oh well, I know I can still do it. I have been exercising for 3 1/2 weeks now and am starting to see the effects of that.

Kim

Ltes try and really make it thru with going to far off track. I weigh in on Monday and hope to see atleast a 2 lb drop. So thats my big motivation.I will be starting week 4 on Monday. I've made it this far, I'm determined to keep going..

Good luck this weekend!

Donna

Hers a simple one

"A moment on the lips forever on the hips!" Yikes!!

I have lost 2 lbs in 4 weeks.........geeez can we say cheater.....I bought I new swim suit this week and I am going to think about that every time I want to eat something. I also got my new formal in the mail today and it would definately look better with less of me in it.

Kim

Wow, I love these motivational threads. I have struggled with my weight for the last 25 years. I am at my all time heaviest and was beginning to think I would never be below 200 again. Then luckily I found these threads. My daughter and I went on diets together. I want to get back in a size 16, she wants to get back in her size 3 jeans. The big difference is I am almost 45 and she is 13. We talked and decided it would be great to do it together. Since we have started the husband has joined.

I am down 6 pounds since 2/205. We cruise 4/3/05 on the Conquest and I am determined to drop at least 20 more pounds before we board the ship. It truly is a lot easier with the family on board and having these wonderful support areas to keep me motivated.

Thanks for all the post and Congratulations to everyone that has made a decision to change their life for the Healthier Style.

it's always hardest to take that first step!

I am doing "ok". I cheated on superbowl Sunday, not horribly but I sure felt guilty..

I am down 12 lbs and have 17 to go. I hope I can do it by my cruise on the 2nd of April but thats an average of 2+ lbs a week. But I'm trying. 2 lbs a week is a healthy weight loss so thats my goal.

how's everyone else doing?/

"He loves each one of us as if we were his only one"

Augustine

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Archived