Another Booze Question

t12young

Can you order a fifth or a liter or liquor with set ups from room service on NCL ships? If so, what does it cost? Or do they just encourage smuggling?

Here is the price listing for bar sets ups with NCL

BOURBON/WHISKEY:

Seagram’s 7 Crown $63.00

Jack Daniel’s Black $83.00

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103.00

LIQUEURS

Brogan Irish Cream $ 63.00

Southern Comfort $63.00

Di Saronno Amaretto $83.00

Godiva Chocolate $83.00

Grand Mariner $83.00

Kahlua $83.00

Pama $83.00

RUM

Bacardi Superior $63.00

Captain Morgan $63.00

SCOTCH WHISKEY

Cutty Sark $63.00

Glenfiddich $83.00

Chivas Regal $83.00

TEQUILA

Cuervo Gold $63.00

1800 Reposado $83.00

Sauza Tres Generations $103.00

VODKA

Smirnoff 80 $63.00

Absolut $83.00

Absolut Citron $83.00

Absolut Kurant $83.00

Absolut Peper $83.00

Absolut Mandarin $83.00

Absolut Apeach $83.00

Absolut Ruby Red $83.00

Grey Goose $103.00

Grey Goose L’Orange $103.00

Grey Goose La Vanille $103.00

Grey Goose La Poire $103.00

COGNAC

Courvoisier VS $ 63.00

Remy Martin V.S.O.P. $83.00

GIN

Bombay Sapphire $83.00

Beefeater $63.00

most lines allow u to preorder like i do it saves money. when i had the misfortune of sailing on the norwegian cheap line they confiscated my booze. so be careful. some lines will not allow u to board like celebrity, if u smuggle it on board before the ship sails

most lines allow u to preorder like i do it saves money. when i had the misfortune of sailing on the norwegian cheap line they confiscated my booze. so be careful. some lines will not allow u to board like celebrity, if u smuggle it on board before the ship sails

I must admit, this confuses me. It sounds like, although NCL does allow you to preorder, you elected not to and then you were surprised that it was confiscated when you tried to smuggle some aboard????

Can you order a fifth or a liter or liquor with set ups from room service on NCL ships? If so, what does it cost? Or do they just encourage smuggling?

I don't know what you mean by "..or do they just encourage smuggling," but I will answer your question. Yes you can order a bottle from room service and it will cost you an enormous amount. Probably the "per drink" amount or close to it.

You must be poor at your smuggling skills. ;)

NO, they don't encourage smuggling by any means. Either a bar set up or buy it by the glass on board.

Two questions here:

#1 Does Norweigan have another fleet of ships we don't know about?

#2 Can you smuggle it on after the ship sails?

Don't be mad at the cruise line. They aren't the ones who broke the rules.

Wow...quite a bit of misinformation here...

To the OP:

To answer your original questions:

--You cannot order full bottles of liquor from room service.

--You also cannot order mixers from room service.

Snarky comments about smuggling tend to get you flamed. If you want to break the rules...I'd suggest being quiet about it.

Now for the "good" news.

--Despite the whining by those who don't know the meaning of "cheap", drinks on a ship are generally priced competitively with what you would find in most urban nightclubs.l

--You can buy mixers/soda on shore and bring it on the ship.

--Small (airline) bottles of liquor will be in the mini-bar in your cabin. You will find that buying these bottles and mixing your own drinks is less expensive than buying the drinks at the bar.

--Prior (about 1 week at the latest) to your cruise, you can order what is called a "bar set-up". Basically you get full bottles of liquor delivered to your cabin when you arrive. While the bottle prices may seem expensive, when you look at it, they are less expensive than buying drinks at the bar.

You order a bar set-up from the Group Event Coordinator for your ship. I see that you are going on the Jewel. You can email the Group Event Coordinator at groupeventjewel@ncl.com. You should put the date of your sailing in the subject line of the email as they answer emails in date-of-cruise order. Note: do not use the ship coordinator address that was previously given, those are no longer valid.

Bottles are available in either the 750ml or the 1liter sizes. The cost will be either $60, $80, or $100 per bottle. There is also a $3 per bottle "service charge" added. When you email the Group Event Coordinator, tell them what you want, and they will reply with what is available and the exact pricing.

The following is a breakdown on the Bar Set Up pricing:

Bottle Size - 750ml - Number of Drinks per Bottle - 16.9

Bottle Size - 1liter - Number of Drinks per Bottle - 22.5

Cost per Drink Breakdown:

Bottle Price - $63

750ml - $3.73 1liter - $2.80

Bottle Price - $83

750ml - $4.91 1liter - $3.69

Bottle Price - $103

750ml - $6.09 1liter - $4.58

SeaShark.. You certainly CAN order bottles from room service. They'll be happy to serve you.

Let's see....

Here is the front of the NCL Room Service Menu

IMG_8721.jpg

and here is the back

IMG_8723.jpg

As you can see from the menu...Bar Service is available. Drinks, not Bottles.

I mean, seriously, if you could get bottles from room service, they why would anyone bother with the bar set-up?

Does Norwegian purposely make their site vague and useless. How do I find a wine list or menu anywhere.

Sorry, I'm not sure how to answer because I'm unsure of your specific issue.

However...

When I go to the NCL website, type "wine list" into the search box, and click on "go", the very first link in the search results takes me to the page where I can download NCL's complete wine list.

Archived