Rooms above the show lounge

frazzledrazzle16

How bad is the noise??? More specifically on the Freedom or similar class ships?

We're planning our "winter escape" cruise and its been difficult to find a handicap room and a regular stateroom near each other. The Freedom sailing on Feb 13th has plenty, but most are above the show lounge all the way forward. We aren't really sticklers for noise... just wondering what to expect. :)

How bad is the noise??? More specifically on the Freedom or similar class ships?

We're planning our "winter escape" cruise and its been difficult to find a handicap room and a regular stateroom near each other. The Freedom sailing on Feb 13th has plenty, but most are above the show lounge all the way forward. We aren't really sticklers for noise... just wondering what to expect. :)

We were in cabin 6229 on Freedom, and 6220 on Liberty. (sister ship - same set-up) We could hear some of the rehearsals (bass from music) during the day. In the hallways at night you could definitely hear the music - not so much in the cabin, though you could hear some filtering in. It usually ended around midnight - or a bit later if there was a late-night comedian playing. If noise bothers you (we are very, very light sleepers, and didn't have any major problems) bring earplugs!

Since you will be that forward-- check out the handicapped cabins across the front of the ship- these are insde categories but have windows. (they are obstructed view) they used to be oceanview categories.

There are two h/c cabins on the empress deck in that area.

Thanks for the responses! I don't think the noise will be much of an issue as we are all pretty heavy sleepers and we stay up late anyways.

Since you will be that forward-- check out the handicapped cabins across the front of the ship- these are insde categories but have windows. (they are obstructed view) they used to be oceanview categories.

There are two h/c cabins on the empress deck in that area.

Yes! These are what we have been looking at, but I have yet to find very many pictures or info about them. There are two sets of them available still that have rooms right next to each other, one on deck 6 and one on deck 7, but from the deckplans it looks like the ones on deck 6 are slightly larger rooms.

I have to second what pe4all said. We stayed above the lounge on freedom in the summer - we could hear some bass in the room during the day for rehearsal but usually didn't get back to our room to sleep until after mid-night and by then the shows were finished.

We went to the late night comedian - so obviously no noise in the room that night when we got back as it was over.

We were worried about it, just as you are but were very happy to find it didn't bother us. I am a very light sleeper as well.

hope this helps

Yes! These are what we have been looking at, but I have yet to find very many pictures or info about them. There are two sets of them available still that have rooms right next to each other, one on deck 6 and one on deck 7, but from the deckplans it looks like the ones on deck 6 are slightly larger rooms.

They are not larger- it just appears that way on deck plans. Note the beds in these cabins do not go together as they sit head board to head board-- for "peace" of mind I would do the empress deck

Archived