When can we expect tickets?

Yes they all take the $ unless like early this year you stop at a French Island, that on our visit would only take French money, which seemed a bit strange. The tour I was on visited botanical gardens and a few other places, and nobody bought a thing.

Our tickets for the cruise arrived 3 days before our cruise was due to leave.

Have a great time, I wish it could be me as I love the Caribbean.

Still soon be March and I can Enjoy the Spirit for a week .

Ron

Hi, It seems lots of people recently have been having probs with no tickets arriving despite Thomson saying they have been sent. We're off on Friday and had ours about 2 weeks ago.

Those not having tickets are having to go to the Thomson's desk at the airport with their paperwork from the TA and tickets are being issued there.

Have a lovely time and I hope the tickets turn up for you, less hassle.

Berwyn

If you book via a travel agent there seems to be no problem with getting your tickets. I have always had a call from my TA saying they are ready to collect about 3-4 weeks before departure.

As others say, proof of purchase should get you your tickets at the airport.

Tickets? My airfare will be E tickets, but I never expected tickets to board the boat. The FunPass made it appear that if you have a passport, ID and credit card, you get your S and S card and you're on. Am I missing something? I never expected tickets for the cruise. I've printed my E documents. Is this enough?

Tickets? My airfare will be E tickets, but I never expected tickets to board the boat. The FunPass made it appear that if you have a passport, ID and credit card, you get your S and S card and you're on. Am I missing something? I never expected tickets for the cruise. I've printed my E documents. Is this enough?

Usually, if you have a late booking or your tickets don't arrive (not so unusual!!) you have 'ticket pick up' at the Thomson desk at the airport. This booklet contains your air tickets - there is no separate ticket to get on the ship. You are right, all you have to produce at registration at the port is your passport, credit card and ship's card (given to you either at the airport or port - we got ours for the Caribbean at the UK departure airport). Your ship's card is then validated for use.

I've never heard of FunPasses before. I've had an eTicket before for just a Thomsonfly - but not for a cruise. Have you booked 'Cabin only' and booked your own flights?

The ticket booklet doesn't have anything really important in it other than your air tickets (which, apparently, you have in effect already got) but does include some additional information about the ship, dining arrangements, excursions (although this is only for guidance - not necessarily comprehensive) hygiene etc. Most of it is in Thomson's brochure anyway but it is quite nice to get all the bits relevant to your holiday in one booklet so you can browse through it before you go.

I think you've probably got all you need - but it may be worth a phone call to Thomson to check it out. I'd be interested to learn about these eTickets for cruises though - it's a new one on me.

Enjoy your trip though - we did it in Feb this year - and it was great! :)

We're on that cruise and had our tickets over a week ago and we booked thru Thomson direct via the web.

There's nothing odd about a French island using French (European) currency, which they do on Martinique and St Martin.

It does mean though that you won't have been able to plan your cruise, make sure you get a book from them so you can at least look at what trips you might want to book.

See you on board maybe and Merry Xmas !

Archived