Azamara's Big Announcement

editor@cruisecritic

Okay, instead of tweeting bits and pieces as they're announced, how about if I cover the announcement (which should start any minute) right here? Jump in and ask questions as you think of them as I have a chat afterward with Larry Pimentel (mind you it's not a long chat so I can't ask a million things but happy to weigh in with what's on your mind if I can!).

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Okay, instead of tweeting bits and pieces as they're announced, how about if I cover the announcement (which should start any minute) right here? Jump in and ask questions as you think of them as I have a chat afterward with Larry Pimentel (mind you it's not a long chat so I can't ask a million things but happy to weigh in with what's on your mind if I can!).

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Hi Carolyn !

That would be great ! I'm staying online, awaiting your comments. Thank You !

Someone on the boards called this one!

Edie Bornstein, VP of Sales and Marketing for Azamara:

"The brand begins with a name and logo." (Remember that the folks who created the line actually made up the name). "We're keeping something of the Azamara component. Going forward the new name is Azamara Club Cruises: You’ll Love Where We Take You"

Carolyn

I like this format much better!

Question..

They have begun changing some 2010 itineraries to reflect the idea of more overnights in ports (St. Barts and Black Sea cruise)

When will all itinerary changes for 2010 be complete?

Specifically the sailing of Nov 3rd, 2010. Will Port Said be dropped for a overnight in Alexandria.

A few cruisers on the 2009 Holy Land cruises

mentioned that AZ staff onboard reported this could take place.

Question

When will any Captain Club changes and/or upgrades be listed on the website IN WRITING for all of us to see..

we've heard reports of hit and miss increased benefits.

I hope he will make the Elite benefits VERY competitive to my Elite benefits on Princess.

Let him know at this stage of my long cruising career my loyalty is for sale.

Thanks

K.

"multi dimensional message" OY, lots of marketing gobbledygook!

Now Larry's hyping the brochure. Who out there loves cruise brochures? I do! Great for armchair dreaming. This one sounds stunning.

Carolyn

Cruise brochures/atlas' to me are equivalent to the Sears Toy Catalog when I was little

Hi Carolyn !

We have been hearing for many months about updates to Captains Club on Azamara.....

I'd like to know if Azamara plans to have their own version of Captains Club or will it continue to be an extension of Celebrity's Captains Club. Also will Celebrity Captains Club Members continue to recieve recriprocal benefits, as they do now.

When do they expect to Roll out 2011/2012 itineraries ?

Lastly, Any plans for Newbuilds, OR moving ships from Celebrity or Royal Caribbean's fleet to Azamara ?

Four key pillars:

*Destination immersion. As we already reported, more overnights (not just in embark ports but also in really interesting places like St. Tropez, St. Barth, Sorrento). Hanoi, Bombay, Kyoto among others.

Larry: We are slowing down the ships rather significantly

Dramatic changes will show in 3rd, 4th quarter of 2010.

Carolyn

PS hoping that the other three pillars are forthcoming!

2) Any plans to increase the fleet, either by purchase or new builds?

Im very curious about that too. I asked the question above. I hope they answer !

I love the idea of more overnights. We are headed off for an 18-day Southeast Asia Azamara cruise with all overnights except one port which is great. What I want to know is if the itineraries will be more unique that the other cruiselines? The 2010 lineup was awful with just the same-old stuff the other ships do. Please go to more out-of-the-way places.

Larry: We are slowing down the ships rather significantly
Hopefully the ships won't slow down so much that folks won't know they're on a cruise. As Hondorner noted on another thread, if we wanted destination immersion, we'd all do land trips! Tricky balance needed here.

*2nd pillar: "extraordinary service"

Do y'all feel like Azamara has already a good service tradition?

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn !

On my 2 Azamara sailings, I thought the service was outstanding. It will be interesting to see what they have planned for "extraordinary service", as they already do a fantastic job.

Azamara gets its own past passenger club (wow, after 2.5 years, pretty quick)! Starts April, I believe. Called Le Club Voyage.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn !

I figured that would be the plan. Can we find out if Celebrity's Captains Club Members will be grandfathered in ?

Archived