Will I make my return flight home?

I will be sailng on Majesty this month. I have a return flight back home from Ft Lauderdale departing at 12:45. I did not book a transfer from Miami Port to Ft Lauderdale Airport since RCCL said they the earlist flight time they allow is 1:30. If I use a taxi or limo, what are the chances I make my flight?

Thanks

Soveriegn of the Seas 5/2003

Majesty of the Seas 5/2004 (in 1 week!)

If I were a betting person, I would say you won't make your flight out of FLL. I've done this route a few times, and it's a 50-minute ride from MIA to FLL on a good day, with little traffic. If your ship gets in late, if the traffic is bad due to an accident/construction or whatever, you're in trouble. US airlines require that you check in and go through Security 1 1/2 hours before flight time. Have you checked out the prices for a taxi or limo from MIA to FLL?

Try to get to the pursers desk ASAP and request to be one of the first off the ship. Then grab a cab and go like crazy. If you are one of the first groups off, you should make it.

We sailed out of Miami and had a 12:15 flight out of FLL, we had supershuttle pick us up and we were at the FLL airport in no time. Plenty of time to check in, go through security and make our plane.

Best of Luck!

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

I think you will make it..don't sweat it, enjoy your cruise.

Explorer Of The Seas 4/01

Navigator Of The Seas 6/14/03

Mariner Of The Seas 7/11/04

Until the Mariner of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;11;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=7>

<param name="day" value=11>

<param name="hour" value=12>

<param name="minute" value=30>

</applet>

Kevin

Go NY Jets !

I don't see a problem. People make noon flights out of MIA all the time, very unusual to miss one, and it's less than 45 additional minutes to get to FLL.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

We had the RCCL transfers and they had us to the airport in Fort Lauderdale by almost 10:00 ... so we had three hours to kill before our flight.

Sovereign of the Seas (2/88)

Nordic Prince (2/92)

Sovereign of the Seas (2/93)

Voyager of the Seas (7/02)

Splendour of the Seas (4/04)

Archived