quick questions air line changed flights

zdsprak4

we had booked a flight home for 1:30 PM which gave us plenty of time to get off the ship and to the airport. However, the airline and has now changed our flight out of Ft. Lauderdal to 11:15 AM Can anyone tell us what time the Miracle docks in Ft. Lauderdale coming back from the 8 day trip to St. Marteen, St. Kits and St. Lucia?

I don't know the times you are requesting. I do have a piece of advice for you. I had flights via usairways and they changed the times on us. I called and explained that the new time was COMPLETELY unacceptable. After speaking to a supervisor I got them to change my flight for no charge AND they waved the difference in price of the 2 flights (original was cheaper). I'm not sure it'll work but it might be worth a shot so you don't have to rush off the ship to catch a flight. I'd check availability and determine exactly what you want before you call if that's what you decide. Good luck to you with whatever you decide.

thanks for the quick response but the only other flight would be at 7:15 Pm and we would have to hang around the airport for 9 hours. I checked into tours and there was only one that was not that impressed with and was only for 3 hours. We would change our flights and just sight see or go to some beach but then what the heck do we all do with our luggage. Oh well I guess spending another night in Ft. Lauderdale wouldn't be to much of chore..... especially since it will probably be snowing at home....LOL

we had booked a flight home for 1:30 PM which gave us plenty of time to get off the ship and to the airport. However, the airline and has now changed our flight out of Ft. Lauderdal to 11:15 AM Can anyone tell us what time the Miracle docks in Ft. Lauderdale coming back from the 8 day trip to St. Marteen, St. Kits and St. Lucia?

As stated below, call the airlines and tell then your problem. Most times they will change it to the better. You should be able to look at your intineray to see when you dock. Fll is full of taxis. Grab a porter right away and they will get your a taxi. We have always been to the airport before 9:30am ;)

I sailed this iten on Legend about 18 months ago. We arrived FLL around 7am and were quickly off the ship. Other posters have pointed out great info out the airlines responsibility to support your requirements with no change fees as THEY changed the schedule. If you would like more detail on your rights with the airline, check out Flyer Talk.com; here is a link where you will find many, many expert flyers to help with possible flight change options..enjoy the trip St Kitts is one of my favorites!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-612/

usually an 11:15 AM flight would not be any problem at all.....you should inform the airline just in case.....so they don't charge you change fees if you miss it.....you can always drop your luggage with the airline early and then go exploring Fort Lauderdale if you choose the later flight

Better check & see how many ships are unloading that day and if the Oasis of the Seas is one of them because that will add about 6,000 more passengers to the mix trying to get taxi's, etc.......could change things drastically.

There is so much to do in FLL and so many transport companies that would take you to the beach, shopping, or whatever you want to do. My husband and I went to Hollywood and walked the little boardwalk that they have and then sat in an open air bar at the Ramada and watched football and drank. The transport company came back and took us to the airport. Don't think that you have to wait in the airport all day.

You will probably make your flight at 11:15 since the cruise terminal is not that far from the airport. You will just need to be one of the first ones off the ship.

Have a great time. We love Fort Lauderdale!!!

Vicki

We had a friend last year that the flight was changed from 2pm to 11am. The

next flight was not until 10pm.

They checked and found a different airline for a few $$ cheaper. They called the original airline and told them that 11am will not work. That they did not

want to sit for 8 hours for a flight. After talking with a supervisor they refunded

the fare with no charges.

Archived